Monday, June 28, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. It is hosted by Sheila from One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

Last week I didn't get much accomplished at all. I know now that I will not complete 100+ Reading Challenge, especially if I continue reading only one or two books per week.

Last week I only managed to finish one book, even though I started reading three.

The Things That Keep Us Here

I read The Things That Keep Us Here by Carla Buckley. I did enjoy it for the most part but, as Shellie from Layers of Thought said in our little conversation, the book just hit to close to home with the two infant boy characters. I have one myself and it made the story a little too depressing.





A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian TrailThe Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove


I also started reading A Walk in The Woods by Bill Bryson and The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove by Christopher Moore. I know both of the authors to be funny and I was in search of good laughter. In the end I settled on A Walk in the Woods which I hope to finish sometime in the next couple of days.

I am also hoping to read Roseflower Creek by Jackie Lee Mills by next Monday. We'll see how that goes.

What about you, what are you reading on Mondays?