Monday, June 28, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. It is hosted by Sheila from One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

Last week I didn't get much accomplished at all. I know now that I will not complete 100+ Reading Challenge, especially if I continue reading only one or two books per week.

Last week I only managed to finish one book, even though I started reading three.

The Things That Keep Us Here

I read The Things That Keep Us Here by Carla Buckley. I did enjoy it for the most part but, as Shellie from Layers of Thought said in our little conversation, the book just hit to close to home with the two infant boy characters. I have one myself and it made the story a little too depressing.





A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian TrailThe Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove


I also started reading A Walk in The Woods by Bill Bryson and The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove by Christopher Moore. I know both of the authors to be funny and I was in search of good laughter. In the end I settled on A Walk in the Woods which I hope to finish sometime in the next couple of days.

I am also hoping to read Roseflower Creek by Jackie Lee Mills by next Monday. We'll see how that goes.

What about you, what are you reading on Mondays?

9 comments:

  1. I'm reading a Bill Bryson book now too. I chose A Short History of Nearly Everything because I was looking for a book that makes the history of science interesting. Havea great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your thoughts on The Things That Keep Us Here. It's waiting patiently on my shelf, but I haven't picked it up yet.

    I started Still Missing by Chevy Stevens this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Walk in the Woods sounds like a great book. hope to read your review soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good call in searching out some laughter after a depressing book. I've never read anything by Bill Bryson - I should look into that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill Bryson sounds great. I have read a couple of his books, and they are really funny.

    I am not reading anything right now because Friday I came up with an idea for a cosy mystery. So right now I am planning frantically, trying to get all my ideas written down while I feel creative.

    But in a day or two I will get withdrawal-symptoms and pick a book again :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet A Walk In The Woods is funny! Have a good reading week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caring for a bub certainly limits reading/blogging time but hey you're not alone with reading only one book per week. Some weeks I've been lucky to even manage that and there's no way I'll finish the 100+ challenge this year, considering I've read 26 books in 6 months LOL.

    Roseflower Creek is one I'm wanting to read too.

    Hope you have a wonderful week Lilly. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it can be very difficult to read some books that cut too close to our own lives especially when troubling things happen in the story so I can understand why The Things That Keep Us Here was too sad for you. Bill Bryson on the other hand, is a great author to read if you want to laugh as well as learn about our country or London or Australia etc. I have read several of his books and love how witty, and intelligent he is and even silly sometimes! I hope you are enjoying "A Walk in the Woods" and laughing some, Lilly!

    ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lust Lizard is set in a fictional version of where I live! The author lived on the Central Coast for awhile and the town (Pine Cove? is that right?) is based on Cambria, CA.

    I feel compelled to tell people that every time I see that they are reading this book. :-D

    ReplyDelete