Sunday, November 7, 2010

October Reads


I would say that I had a measly reading month in October, if it weren't for the fact that what I did manage to read were all great experiences worth the attention and time and also quite, quite long.

1. Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman (704 pages)

2. Strangers by Dean Koontz (681 pages)

3. The Right Hand of Evil by John Saul (427 pages)

I also am participating in the Lonesome Dove Readalong and have managed to read 300 pages of that novel. I'm really enjoying it with every week more and more.

Here Be DragonsHere Be Dragons was hands down the best book of the month and is definitely going to be in the top five books of the year. I have part two (it's a trilogy) and am looking forward to reading it as well as other books by Ms. Penman.






I have decided to make the next few months (maybe it will even continue until the end of next year) a themed reading experience. This means that each month I will read books that have a common theme, genre, same writer, etc.

For November, it's horror novels. I already started in October but since i only had a week and a half left, I decided to extend this theme for one whole month.

For December, it will be Christian fiction or at least inspirational. I already have a few titles lined up and am looking forward to the theme.

For January, since it's a new year, I will be reading books by new to me authors.

For February, I will be obvious and read romances/books with love stories in them.

For March, it will be books by one writer, I just haven't decided whom. I have a few on my mind (Michener, King, Paretsky).

The rest of the months will be shaky because my baby is due in April. For at least the months of April and May I won't be reading much, if at all.

1 comment: