Monday, August 2, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. It is hosted by Sheila from One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.


I didn't manage to read any books last week due to heavy emotional overload that still continues into this week. Hopefully, the clouds will lift soon.


The Transformation of Bartholomew Fortuno: A NovelI am still reading The Transformation of Bartholomew Fortuno by Ellen Bryson. Even though I still have 100 pages to go, I can already tell that this book is not my cup of tea. The life of 'freaks' of nature (half of whom aren't even born that way but simply 'made') is not all that interesting in itself.






I will be a little wild (I was called 'a wet blanket' last week) and despite my feelings that this week is not going to be productive reading-wise, I will still make plans on what I want read by Sunday. One can always hope:



The Alibi ManThe PalaceBy Fire, By Water


The Palace by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro


By Fire, by Water by Mitchell Kaplan ( I know, it was supposed be read last week)


The Alibi Man by Tami Hoag


What are you reading this week?

9 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about last week, but I can totally relate sometimes! I hope this week is much better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this week is better for you. I really like Tami Hoag's work but haven't read The Alibi Man yet. My weekly report is here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad it's not to your liking :( I am sure the next one is better

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a better week. I would give up on that book, possibly go back to it.

    I hear TamiH is great but haven't read any of her works yet.

    My post.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. By Fire By Water is one I want to read as well. I have it - just need to get it to the top of the TBR. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished the coziest mystery in the world, "Delicious and Suspicious", but I can´t tell you what I chose next as I am going to use it for Wednesday´s bait in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping the sun shines for you this week. I've heard good things about By Fire, By Water so that might be a good one to read. Will check back in next week. Hugs Sheree

    ReplyDelete