Sunday, February 6, 2011

January Reads

Another month of themed reading went by and it went well too. January was for new to me authors and with the exception of Cecelia Ahern, I accomplished the goal. I also managed to read all the books I planned which is important because with only eight weeks to go to my delivery, I want to read as many books as possible ( I know I will not be able to read a single page for at  least a month after the baby is born).

1. Where Are the Cocoa Puffs by Karen Winters Schwartz – mental illness, contemporary fiction

2. The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern – YA fiction, Irish author

3. The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown – contemporary American fiction

4. Queen Hereafter by Susan Fraser King – historical fiction, Scotland

5. The Dressmaker by Posie Graeme-Evans – historical fiction, Victorian England

6. The Anatomy of Ghosts by Andrew Taylor – historical fiction, suspense, literary thriller, England

7. Matched by Ally Condie – YA, dystopian, sci-fi

8. Hailey’s War by Jodi Compton – thriller

9. My Reading Life by Pat Conroy – memoir

10. To Defy a King by Elizabeth Chadwick – historical fiction, England




The Weird SistersTo Defy a KingMy Reading Life


 To Defy a King, My Reading Life and The Weird Sisters were definitely the very best books of the month. They all couldn't be more different as far as the subject matter goes but it was a pure pleasure to read them. The whole month of January was a good one as far as quality of the reads goes. There really isn't one book that I would call a disappointment and all I could say, I hope this streak of good luck keeps up for this month.

3 comments:

  1. You had a great January Lilly. I hope to read The Weird Sisters at some point. Hope February is a good month for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great January in books! Hope February is great, too. Weird Sisters is a book everyone is talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list and I'll have to look into some of those books. I just downloaded The Weird Sisters to my nook. Look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete