Thursday, April 14, 2011

A new baby and a hiatus from blogging.

I don't have any pictures uploaded yet, but on April 3, 2011 I delivered a beautiful, healthy girl Olivia Ann Gustavus into this world. I'm very happy that everything went well, even though I got cheated out of epidural (the anesthesiologist showed up too late and by the time he was ready, I was also ready to push :(. Anyway.

I will be posting the pictures on my FB page as soon as I get to it (and I honestly don't know when that will be). I am right now mostly overwhelmed, exhausted and running like a chicken without a head. Taking care of a newborn, a 14-month-old boy and a 12 years old girl at the same time is a lot harder than I ever imagined and pretty much leaves me with no time to do any reading, blogging, going online, so forth and so on. (It's a miracle I am actually managing to write this post).

Because it is so very, very difficult (physically and emotionally), I will be on a blogging hiatus for an undetermined period of time. I just don't know how long it will take before I actually have enough time, energy and will to write cohesive, somewhat intelligent and entertaining posts (or any at all).

I'm signing off now. If you're curious to see Olivia, the pics will be upcoming soon here. Until you hear from me again...

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Take care of yourself and those wonderful kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Lily! I've been wondering how you were and what was happening! I adore the name Olivia!
    Good luck, take care & remeber, the light is always on here :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Definitely take some time off! I remember the days of having multiple infants/toddlers at home - take some time for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Lilly!! God Bless you and your family:) Don't worry too much about the blogging..books, reviews, bloggers..everything will still be here waiting for you when you come back. Enjoy these precious moments:) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lilly,
    Congratulations on your new sweetie! Get lots of rest, stare at the kids, watch them interact. Write it all down and when you are ready, the blog will be waiting. You are a great mom, enjoy! I want you to at least post a pic though!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Lilly! Enjoy your time with your children and getting back on top of everything. We'll be here when you're ready!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Lilly :)
    And take as much time as you need

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lilly...congratulations, I was wondering what was up with you, and now I understand. What a lovely name...much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Miss Lilly. Enjoy your new little darling! Don't worry about us. We'll be here when you are ready. Looking forward to seeing her picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

    Take all the time you need; we'll be here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We'll miss you but are so happy happy for your little family. It seems hard but I hope all of our Congratulations and warm wishes conveys how very beautiful and worthy your everyday is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Lily!!!

    I have been a bad blog follower and am so behind.

    No epideral!!! he was late!!! this makes no sense. This guy needs to have a tooth pulled with no pain killers either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Lilly and welcome to little Olivia. You certainly have your hands full. Take care of yourself and we will see you when we see you :)
    {{hugs}} Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the new baby! I'm right there with you, I delivered my second child, a boy, Riley Shane, on April 25 and just posted about him yesterday on my blog. :) Although I was quick to get pics up on Facebook as that's where everyone was waiting to see our little boy. We have a 6 year old girl too so it's not quite as hectic as your situation is but I feel you. I hope you and yours are adjusting well to the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Lily! Motherhood is life's greatest challenge, but I think it can yield the greatest rewards.

    ReplyDelete