Monday, July 16, 2012

High Summer Read-A-Thon

Today is the first day of the High Summer Read-A-Thon (07/16-07/22) and I have decided to participate because of two things: fun and a stack of books that will topple soon, if I don't do anything about it. If you'd like to join, the link above will get you to the right spot. The action takes place at the Seasons of Reading blog hosted by lovely Michelle, owner of her personal book blog, The True Book Addict. Who knows, maybe you'll even decide to hang around for the future read-a-thons :-). I think I will.





Books I really want to get read:

1. In the Shadow of the Banyan by Vaddey Ratner
2. The Prophet by Michael Koryta
3. The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker
4. The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty

My plan is to stick to physical copies this time and stay away from my kindle for the whole week. I hope it works.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lila, Just stopping by to welcome you! Hope you get a lot of reading in this week, with no pressure, of course. I have the starting line linky posted at the Seasons of Reading blog. Be sure to stop by and add your link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I've been seeing Age of Miracles around a lot lately, and it looks pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list! I've been looking forward to In the Shadow of the Banyan and The Chaperone for awhile now. Good luck w/your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am participating, too, although I just realized I never officially signed up! Off to do that now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! That's too funny, Becca! Glad you're in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only one that I recognize in your stack is the first one, which I'm looking forward to as well (but after the RAT). The others look like an interesting mix of subjects and time periods and settings: nice variety. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete