Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Book List: Childhood Favorites


Rebecca from Lost in Books is hosting this fun meme that allows us to share books and make a list of books! This week we are asked to list three books that we loved as children (I hope I got it right this time).

The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set (Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, Anne of the Island, Anne of Windy Poplars, Anne's House of Dreams, ... Rainbow Valley, Rilla of Ingleside)1. Anne of Green Gables (and the rest of the series) by Lucy M. Montgomery.

Who doesn't love Anne?! I loved this wise cracker, spunky and funny girl and always wanted to be like her even though or maybe because I was a complete opposite. It's twenty years later and I still can't get her out of my head :-).





The House at Pooh Corner (Pooh Original Edition)2. House at Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne

Long before Disney came up with their version of Winnie, Piglet and the gang, there had been this awesome book that really is a million times better than the Disney characters. I remember borrowing it from the library and reading it in one night and then after it was returned harping on my friends to read it faster so I could borrow it again (there was only one copy in the school library).




3. Comet in Moominland by Tove Jansson

I am so, so happy that Macmillan decided to introduce these cute Moomintrolls to the American market. As a child I could just never get quite enough of them and it makes my day that it's yet another favorite from my childhood that I can now share with my own kids

8 comments:

  1. Great choices! I haven't heard of that last book, so it makes me curious about it. Thanks for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that Anne of Green Gables is a fantastic series, but I did not know it when I was a child (either it was not translated, or our library just didn´t buy it).

    Some of my favourites when I was little were Astrid Lindgren´s Pippi Longstocking and Emil of Lönneberga. Later I loved series like Enid Blyton´s Five books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adored Anne when I was a girl! I love Pooh, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liked your post. Someday I hope to write a book where the royalties will pay for the copies I give away.
    :-)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved all of the Anne books...great choice! I have to confess, though, that I never read Pooh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked Pippi Longstocking, Harriet The Spy and The Little House Books. I didn't read Anne until I was grown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read Anne but I know of many adult women who go wild over it, even having Anne parties. My favorite was Island of the Blue Dolphin by Scott O'Dell. Loved it and read it all the time. I still know it by heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, great books!! I love Anne of Green Gables!!

    ReplyDelete