On Monday, April 27th, 2009 I officially became a citizen of the United States of America! I am obviously extremely happy because of that and to share my happiness I decided to give away 5 books, one for each winner with the exception of the first choice which has two books that come together. This giveaway will go on until May 31st, so you have a whole month to decide which book you would like.
1. For Women Only & For Men Only pack. Personally I wasn't very crazy about these two but it's due to my tastes and personal attitudes more than anything. However, it might appeal to some of you. That's why I decided to give it away to somebody who will appreciate them more than I did.
For Women Only back cover description: "In a woman-to-woman conversation you'll never forget, Shaunti Feldhahn takes you beneath the surface into the inner lives of men. This book is about the things we just don't 'get' about guys. With findings from a groundbreaking national survey and personal interviews of over one thousand men, For Women Only is full of eye-opening revelations you need to not only understand the man in your life, but to support and love him in the way he needs to be loved. Grounded in biblical hope, you will discover how to love your man for who he really is - not who you think he is."
For Men Only back cover description: "The bestselling author of For Women Only teams with her husband to offer men the key to unlocking the mysterious ways of women. Through Shaunti and Jeff Feldhahn's national scientific survey and hundreds of interviews, For Men Only reveals what you can do today to improve your relationship. And believ it or not, as Jeff assures men, 'It's not splitting the atom.' What makes her tick? What is she really asking? Take the guesswork out of trying to please your wife or girlfriend and begin loving her in the way she needs."
2. Elijah's Coin by Steve O'Brien. Publisher's synopsis: "In every heart there exists the potential for good and evil. The question is which we'll choose. That question is at the heart of Elijah's Coin, a thoughtful fable about one young man's descent into a life of crime...until he discovers an unlikely mentor, who begins to teach him a new philosophy of life. The point is not to state what you believe but to become what you believe."
3. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. Publisher's synopsis: "In Nineteenth century China, in a remote Hunan county, a girl named Lily, at the tender age of seven, is paired with a laotong, or 'old same', in an emotional match that will last a lifetime. The laotong, Snow Flower, introduces herself by sending Lily a silk fan on which she has written a poem in nu shu, a unique language that Chinese women created in order to communicate in secret, away from the influence of men. The two find solace, developing a bond that keeps their sirits alive. But when a misunderstanding arises, their deep friendship suddenly threatens to tear apart."
4. Shame Lifter by Marilyn Hontz. Publisher's synopsis: " Not good enough...Is that how you see yourself? maybe you constantly put yourself down or work harder and harder trying to measure up. You may even battle an eating disorder or other serious addiction, or suffer from a history of abuse. Marilyn Hontz knows these feelings all too well. While her life has been marked by many outward successes, a series of devastating losses early in life left her feeling insecure and inadequate...This sensitive yet powerful book will help you let go of the unhealthy shame holding you back and embrace the God-given truth about yourself instead.
The rules are simple and very few:
1. Leave me a comment saying which book you'd like to win.
2. You must leave me your email address, as it speeds up the selection and notification process. If I don't have your email, you will not be entered in the drawing.
3. Make sure you comment on this post by May 31st. The drawing of the winner will be on June 1st.
And that's that. Now, let's celebrate!