Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Book List: What Made You Laugh?



Rebecca at Lost In Books came up with a meme that concerns lists. And I know that if you are a blogger and a book lover, you more likely than not love lists. I do! That's why I am so happy to announce the launch of this new meme that will have a new theme each week. Thank you Rebecca!

This week we are to list 3 Book Titles That Made Me Laugh Out Loud When I First Read Them. 

Considering that I actually do not laugh out loud all that much, especially when it comes to reading books, it was surprisingly easy for me to come up with three titles right away.

1. Behold, Here's Poison by Georgette Heyer. It was my very first Heyer's mystery and I just couldn't stop laughing or grunting in an effort to not annoy anyone with my laughter.

2. A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore. I picked it up at my library one day when my daughter was participating in some library activity and I didn't bring my then current read with me. I started spitting my coffee right from the first page and finally had to stop reading because my efforts to contain the laughter where disturbing the library usual quietude.

3. Practical Demonkeeping by Christopher Moore. It's number three but it's actually funnier than A Dirty Job. Before I read it, I'd had no idea that such a thing was even possible. Alas! With this book I didn't even try to not laugh out loud, no matter who got annoyed.

8 comments:

  1. Okay...I haven't read any of these Lilly, and I could use a good laugh today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to read them then, I love books that makes me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to check these out! I love to laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun meme! I am definitely going to have to check out the books that you listed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books, Lilly! I will post these in a separate list about funny books. They all three look great! Thanks for participating!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used a Christopher Moore title too. He's simply hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Behold, Here's Poison is a good one! It's funny in a "geez, that's terrible" sort of way. The book was only so-so too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Middlesex by Eugenides is a LOL for sure, as was The Know it All by AJ Jacobs.

    ReplyDelete