Thursday, January 7, 2010

BTT: Gifts



Here's what's in store today:





What books did you get for Christmas (or whichever holiday you may have celebrated last month)?
Do you usually ask for books on gift-giving occasions or do you prefer to buy them yourself?



For the first time since I was a kid, I have received a book for Christmas. And I got it from my own daughter (with the help from my husband). And it's also a book I had wanted to have since before its publication. Here's what I got:


Under the Dome: A Novel

I was very very happy to get it. I had been waiting for it for the longest time and now it's mine. As far as the second question goes, I probably don't ask for books as often as I should. Something tells me that even though everybody knows that I am a bookworm, they never buy me books because I never mention what books I want. I was very vocal about Under the Dome this holiday season and I got it, so if I drop more hints next time, the same will happen. Because my financial situation is dire to say the least right now, I simply can't afford to buy as many books as I used to. That's why I will now have to give straight answers when asked what I want for my birthday or next Christmas.


  What books did you get this holiday season?