Thursday, January 7, 2010

BTT: Gifts



Here's what's in store today:





What books did you get for Christmas (or whichever holiday you may have celebrated last month)?
Do you usually ask for books on gift-giving occasions or do you prefer to buy them yourself?



For the first time since I was a kid, I have received a book for Christmas. And I got it from my own daughter (with the help from my husband). And it's also a book I had wanted to have since before its publication. Here's what I got:


Under the Dome: A Novel

I was very very happy to get it. I had been waiting for it for the longest time and now it's mine. As far as the second question goes, I probably don't ask for books as often as I should. Something tells me that even though everybody knows that I am a bookworm, they never buy me books because I never mention what books I want. I was very vocal about Under the Dome this holiday season and I got it, so if I drop more hints next time, the same will happen. Because my financial situation is dire to say the least right now, I simply can't afford to buy as many books as I used to. That's why I will now have to give straight answers when asked what I want for my birthday or next Christmas.


  What books did you get this holiday season?

12 comments:

  1. Oooh I want this one. :) My books aren't under BTT, but you can view them at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest want that book and of course by the time he told me I had to go to the store and they were all sold out. My BTT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/01/booking-through-thursday-my-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay a book :D
    I got one from my cousin, a Swedish thriller/mystery, lol, yup the only genre I do not read ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family likes specific gift ideas, and I am happy to oblige them with a few titles. :-)

    I don't think I have heard of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't see this one before... I always have a book list ready for special occasions, but rarely receive books as gifts.

    I was a very lucky girl this Christmas! Here is my BTT response.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn´t get any, but my mother gave me a gift voucher. I am very good at selecting the cheapest editions, so SEVEN crime novels are on their way to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet that your daughter got you a book! She's obviously a smart girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My aunt is the other big reader in my family and she always gives me books for holidays, which we later discuss. I'm glad you got this book from your daughter! Very cute! I've never read Stephen King, but I'll be interested in hearing how it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't get ANY books this year!! But I more than made up for up recently with an Amazon order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't get ANY books this year!! But I more than made up for up recently with an Amazon order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clear hints are a good thing!! ;)
    ~
    http://mywindowswideopen.wordpress.com/2010/01/08/booking-through-thursday/

    ReplyDelete