Wednesday, January 13, 2010

On My Wishlist


 


On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City, which will be posted every Wednesday. It allows us to share the books we haven't bought yet but are waiting to be bought and devoured. If you are anything like me then your wishlist is getting longer by the day! If you would like to take part and have your own 'On My Wishlist' post then you can find more info here.

 There are two books that I really, really would love to read. One is an upcoming release and another is an already known and widely read classic.



1. The Passage by Justin Cronin. I have already seen this ARC making rounds in the blogosphere and what I read sounds absolutely like the type of book I would love. Especially when Stephen King, my by far best authority on vampires, chaos and dystopian world, has this to say:

Every so often a novel-reader’s novel comes along: an enthralling, entertaining story wedded to simple, supple prose, both informed by tremendous imagination. Summer is the perfect time for such books, and this year readers can enjoy the gift of Justin Cronin’s The Passage. Read fifteen pages and you will find yourself captivated; read thirty and you will find yourself taken prisoner and reading late into the night. It has the vividness that only epic works of fantasy and imagination can achieve. What else can I say? This: read this book and the ordinary world disappears.
I have never asked for review copies but this time I am actually willing to beg (I would get on my knees if my humongous pregnant belly weren't in my way). Here's to hoping that the gods in Random House will listen :) !!!



2. Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset, translated by Tina Nunnally. I have seen this book being reviewed in the past couple of months on a few favorite blogs of mine and I believe that it is a book that I read when I was 14 in Polish translation, fell in love with it and I properly forgot the title or the author :(. I have been looking for this book for years now and am currently getting ready to finally go to the store and buy it.






What are you wishing for this Wednesday?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lilly, thanks for joining in with OMW! Both books sound interesting, I hope you get the chance to read them soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoping you get your hot little hands on these books... happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound good Lilly. This is the book I am waiting/wishing for this week:

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/01/waiting-on-wednesday-lost.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin Lavransdatter is an excellent trilogy. Enjoy!

    I have a crime novel I am wishing for because it is still too expensive to come by: Paul Cleave, Cemetery Lake, from New Zealand. It is not nearly as expensive as in December, so perhaps in a month or two ...

    I have heard great things about it, and I need it for both my 2010 challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started reading THE PASSAGE. It's great so far! As for what I'm wishing for, I want to get ALICE I HAVE BEEN and THE ELECTED MEMBER,which is an older English novel I just heard of. :)

    ReplyDelete