Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Book List: The Longest Wait

The Book List is just a short and fun meme hosted by lovely Rebecca from Lost in Books that allows you to share books and make a list of books! Who doesn't love lists?!?
Today's topic is:

THE 3 BOOKS THAT HAVE BEEN ON YOUR TBR LIST THE LONGEST.

This is probably the toughest for me to  do since I have so many books that I actually cannot say 100% which ones have been there the longest. I decided to go with non-fiction books because I don't own as many of them as fiction ones and it's easier to come up with the ones I might want to read for the longest time.

Einstein: His Life and Universe1. Einstein by Walter Isaacson

I bought this book when it first came out in hardcover years ago. I was very excited when I got home and then I put it away and it has been staring at me from the bookshelves ever since.




Color Me Butterfly: A True Story of Courage, Hope and Transformation2. Color Me Butterfly by Y.A. Marlow 
Back in my days as an employee of Borders, I noticed this book on Women's Studies shelf and wondered what a memoir is doing in there. And then I read the synopsis and decided that I should get it for myself as I was in a sad place in my life and needed someone else's story to lift me up. I am sad to report that I didn't even read page one from the time I brought it home. It is however on my priority list for this year.



17763. 1776 by David McCullough
I think most people are familiar with this book or at least have heard of it, if not read it. I loved his John Adams and I really have no explanation why I haven't read 1776 yet.








What's on your TBR list?