Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Book List: The Longest Wait

The Book List is just a short and fun meme hosted by lovely Rebecca from Lost in Books that allows you to share books and make a list of books! Who doesn't love lists?!?
Today's topic is:

THE 3 BOOKS THAT HAVE BEEN ON YOUR TBR LIST THE LONGEST.

This is probably the toughest for me to  do since I have so many books that I actually cannot say 100% which ones have been there the longest. I decided to go with non-fiction books because I don't own as many of them as fiction ones and it's easier to come up with the ones I might want to read for the longest time.

Einstein: His Life and Universe1. Einstein by Walter Isaacson

I bought this book when it first came out in hardcover years ago. I was very excited when I got home and then I put it away and it has been staring at me from the bookshelves ever since.




Color Me Butterfly: A True Story of Courage, Hope and Transformation2. Color Me Butterfly by Y.A. Marlow 
Back in my days as an employee of Borders, I noticed this book on Women's Studies shelf and wondered what a memoir is doing in there. And then I read the synopsis and decided that I should get it for myself as I was in a sad place in my life and needed someone else's story to lift me up. I am sad to report that I didn't even read page one from the time I brought it home. It is however on my priority list for this year.



17763. 1776 by David McCullough
I think most people are familiar with this book or at least have heard of it, if not read it. I loved his John Adams and I really have no explanation why I haven't read 1776 yet.








What's on your TBR list?

7 comments:

  1. This is a cute meme Lily - I am going to have to check my goodreads list. I think that will be the best I can do.

    It looks like Brisingr by Christopher Paolini. I love the first two in the series and have this on my shelf but have not read it.

    Oh by the way I found this site for you if your interested - perhaps you know of it already but here it is PEN world voices
    which celebrate translations

    http://www.pen.org/page.php/prmID/1096

    ReplyDelete
  2. Longest, well Conquest by Elizabeth Chadwick must be going on 10 years soon, sighs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made it through 1776 withut much problem but John Adams took me FOREVER! We're opposite there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've heard that Einstein is fabulous! My work-related book club wanted to pick that, but it got voted down for being over 300 pages. *le sigh* Perhaps one of these days...

    My post for The Book List this week is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ+

    These books would probably be in my "TBR" pile for years, too! Non-fiction does seem to take longer to get into, doesn't it? =)

    I enjoyed your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I want to read Einstein, too. I have had it on my list for a while.

    Great picks! I hope you get to Color Me Butterfly soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even go into my non-fiction list because most of those have been around for FAR too long ... especially Galileo's Daughter and Sea Change.

    I would like to read Einstein too but luckily don't own a copy yet so I don't feel guilty!

    ReplyDelete