Monday, July 12, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. It is hosted by Sheila from One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.


I'm back to doing horribly again. One book! and not even a respectable size chunkster! I really need to get myself in gear here! And I really need to stop ending my every sentence with an exclamation mark.


Anyway.



Last week I read:

Damaged: A Maggie O'Dell NovelDamaged by Alex Kava. It's a thriller featuring agent Maggie O'Dell, who has been a recurring character in several other Kava's books. I only read one other novel by this author and remember being shocked by the ending and generally loving the book. Unfortunately, this one was a disappointment. I will have a review coming up in the next two weeks, if you want to know more.




Right now I have on my plate:

Still A Suitable Boy, with which I'm struggling. I cannot get into it at all and only managed to read about 40 pages (which is nothing, considering I still have about 1300 more to go).
This Must Be the Place: A NovelBlack Hills: A Novel

This Must Be the Place by Kate Racculia. I am really enjoying this novel. It's both funny and with substance. Should have it finished in the next day or two.

Black Hills by Dan Simmons - audio book. I will be probably listening to it for a very long time, since I only listen to audio books when driving and I don't drive a lot these days.


I'm hoping to read this week:

The Transformation of Bartholomew Fortuno by Ellen Bryson, The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery and maybe get past 100 pages of A Suitable Boy.

What are you reading this week?

8 comments:

  1. I like your hoping to read lot. I have heard so much of both books. All good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Damaged was a disappointing read? I'm still excited to read and see for myself. I've heard some good reviews for it, so...maybe it's because you held high expectations for it?

    Happy reading.

    Check out my post, and feel free to enter my contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started This Must Be... too and am enjoying it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must be the place sounds good! I hope you really enjoy it and your week :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem with exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Happy Reading! Don't beat yourself up about not reading, you probably did a lot of other things last week.

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only read one book in eight days, just to tell you there is always someone who has done less :D

    Happy summer - and remember to do (or read) something you enjoy every week - that is what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My book total for the last 6 months is pretty dismal, unless a miracle happens there's no way I'll complete the 100+ challenge but such is life. Don't be too hard on yourself, having a bub doesn't leave a lot of free time.

    I normally enjoy Alex Kava's novels, bummer that Damaged was a bit disappointing.

    ReplyDelete