Monday, July 26, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. It is hosted by Sheila from One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

I haven't posted it last week so I have a little more to talk about today. I managed to read three very different but very good books. I have to say that quality- and entertainment-wise, my past two weeks were great,

if they made PhD online programs as entertaining as what I have been reading, sign me right up! Although I know the texts in those courses are pretty dry, I know they could benefit from these books below.

I read:


This Must Be the Place: A NovelThis Must Be the Place by Kate Racculia - a debut novel which I would classify as contemporary American. An awesome book, with a lot of wonderful characters. I'm very excited to write a review about it which will be coming soon.






Heart of Lies: A NovelHeart of Lies by M.L. Malcolm - a historical fiction, bridging the two World Wars, taking place in Shanghai mostly. A wonderful story which apparently has an upcoming sequel. I'm very happy about that!






HideHide by Lisa Gardner - a psychological thriller by one of my favorite thriller authors. Gardner really knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat. Definitely recommended for all of you who are looking for an action-packed thriller with a shocking ending.







I'm reading:

The Transformation of Bartholomew Fortuno: A NovelThe Transformation of Bartholomew Fortuno by Ellen Bryson - I have read mixed reviews on this one and I'm actually curious to see what my opinion will be.








I want to read:

1. The Alibi Man by Tami Hoag

2. By Fire, By Water by Mitchell James Kaplan

Last but not least, I still have two giveaways going on right now: The Quickening by Michelle Hoover and The Hot Box by Zane. They both are international! I now have a tab on top of my page dedicated for current giveaways, so this is the place you would go to see what goodies there are:)

What are you reading this week?

********

12 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure you will love By Fire, By Water! It was a fabulous read!

    Your other ones look interesting too...look forward to your reviews!

    Have a great week!

    HERE is my Mailbox Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Fortuno, it was her style of writing that made it good so I hope you'll like it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like a thriller once in a while, but right now I am in cozy mystery mode (or mood, perhaps). They seem extremely suitable for a nice, lazy summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had an excellent week and another lined up. By Fire, By Water is fabulous. Have a great week reading. My Monday is located here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heart of Lies looks good, and i don't think I recall HIDE being one of Lisa G's best books?? Read her newest one, it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Monday! Mine is here. Have a good week reading! Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I want to read Heart of Lies! I have to keep reminding myself to look for that one! Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heart of Lies looks great! I'll have to add it to my TBR (Like its not big enough haha). Have a great week!

    Danielle @ everylastpage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved This Must Be The Place; the quirky characters were so real to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sound of This Must be the Place. You have got a good haul there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I'm keen to read By Fire, By Water, I've heard nothing but good about it. I'm looking forward to the reviews on the books you read :)
    Take care and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just read and reviewed This Must Be the Place as well. I absolutely loved it and am glad to see that you enjoyed it as well. Did you have a favorite character or favorite scene?

    ReplyDelete