Monday, November 24, 2008

'The Religion' by Tim Willocks


Hello everyone,unfortunately I didn't manage to read a lot of 'The Religion' so far to the urgent assignment I needed to work on. However, the part that I did read is filled with very poetic, beautifully descriptive language which made it a real pleasure and a surprise to read. Rarely do I come upon a book that start which such beautiful prose, especially that I expected it to be a historical thriller.Definitely can't wait to continue immersing myself in this novel.

I am currently somewhere in the middle of the book and I get to enjoy it with every page I read. I am genuinely impressed by Mr. Willocks command of the language. I do not want to spoil anything for people that have not read this book yet and would like to. Therefore I am not going to really say much about the plot. However, I can tell you that regardless of genre you are a fan of, you will like reading this historical/mystery/adventure novel simply because the author's writing skills are really, really good. And then you find little gems like this one: 'They [women] accepted slavery that didn't even flatter them with chains.' If you ponder on this for a little while, you'll see how true this is. But I for one could never come up with this myself.So, all and all for now I really like the book and would really recommend it to anyone (apart from children, as there is violence in there).Now let me go back to my reading and I will be posting my final thoughts as soon as I finish the book.

2 comments:

  1. I am still reading the book but don't think that it's taking me so long because the book is boring. It's not. It is actually a very good read, a mixture of history, adventure, war, love and some passion even. What more can you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This in my TBR, thanks for your thoughts. I'll have to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete