Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How do you guys do it?

As some of you probably noticed, I haven't been posting much on this blog of mine. There are a couple of reasons and I will explain. Mostly, it's because my eight-month-old son is quite a rambunctious boy, to say the least. I'm going to be honest and state that I didn't expect him to be quite so active and so, so different from my girl who, as an infant, was at least sleeping through the night at Aleksander's age. But, they do say that boys are completely different creatures than girls.

Anyway, my energy, my attention and most of my time goes to Aleksander and to Karolina, who is now in sixth grade and needs my love and attention, which is actually quite easy to give because she is an easy girl to love. And thank goodness, she loves her brother and her brother adores her, he actually goes crazy happy at the sight of her, every day she comes home from school. I don't want to make you gag people, but it really makes my heart sing when I see these two together.

Needless to say though, I hardly have time to read and have to choose nowadays between reading time and blogging time. it is still an easy choice for me. Reading remains the love of my life and as much as I enjoy blogging, it's not my first choice to spend the precious few moments I have for myself.

All I have written above brings me to the main point of this post. It looks like I am pregnant again!!! I don't want to of course feed you TMI, but trust me when I say I tried my darnest to not to get pregnant. Now, I have not gone to the doctor's yet because I currently have no insurance and am in the process of getting one (which trust me is not a pleasant experience), so no blod tests have been done but four pregnancy tests have been positive. All I can say I suppose you can't cheat destiny and it's just meant to be. Doesn't make it easier on me though. I am in total shock and I am scared shitless of what's coming.

Hence the title of this post. I know that a lot of you out there are wonderful moms who have more than two children, some of you may even have had them one right after another and I also know that somehow you manage to survive. Can you tell me your secret? I know that I may sound as one sad human being, but I honestly do not know anyone in my environment who could give me any support or advice or encouragement. My wonderful sister (bless her heart) barely manages her two little buggers and her husband and her job, my parents don't even know that I'm pregnant yet and my relationship with them is such that as a 33-year-old woman and a mother of two, I am afraid to break the news to them because they will be mad as cows when they find out. Isn't that ridiculous?!!I know it is but it doesn't lessen my anxiety one bit. I am even nervous to go and talk to my midwife because the first thing from her mouth when I had Aleksander was to for me to make sure I find an effective contraceptive method so  I wouldn't get pregnant again. I really have nowhere to turn to just talk and be happy that another living being, just as precious as my two children, is going to join us. Which by the way begs the question: What sick and sad world do we live in (or at least I live in) where news of pregnancy is no longer happy news, no longer a reason for celebration of a miracle that it is?! Rather it makes me feel that it would be easier to announce an illness than another pregnancy, it would get me more emotional support and offers of help. 

I am not sure that I'm making much sense here but all in all, I just would like to hear from all you moms out there and all you friends that I know I have in the blogosphere. I value your opinion and even by reading your blogs, I know that what's coming is doable without going insane if only I have some friendly souls around me.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats! I can understand how it can be stressful. You have to start all over again, bills, diapers, and just more stress on top of everything else. Now, I only have one son, going into the terrible twos and I find it hard to read and blog. I make most of my time to read when I head over to the laundry mat or at work. There is no way I can read at home now that my son discovered the power of his voice. His screams. ALOT! LOL! But I think you'll be able to handle all of this, it is just the matter of getting a hold of everything. Don't worry about everything now. Take one day at a time, and relax. About the insurance, I live in texas where the have pregnancy medicaid, given to women for who don't make much money and need help. Now I'm not sure what your state has, but you should look into something like that. I had it and it help alot. Good Luck with everything and congrats once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Babies are wonderful and I really believe that everything will work out. Like Savannah said, take it one day at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new life is truly a gift. I think it's a little crazy too that such news isn't heralded. I put off my career to have children first, and I know that heads were spinning. Now that they are older and it is finally time to ramp up my work, I've been really reflective. I made the right choice. Being a mother means more, to me.

    As far as a secret goes, I dunno. Everyone copes differently, manages somehow. Remember you're not perfect and the kids don't need you to be. They need just you because they were given to you. Be brave and love everyday. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess like you say some things are just meant to be, even if you didn't mean it do happen. I can't help you since I don't have any kids, but I know you will make it through, and if you need to vent just email me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I can't offer you any advice, since some days I have trouble handling all the responsibilities that go with having just 1 child. But I'm happy for you and know that you're a strong person and will do just fine. If you're happy about the new baby, I wouldn't care what anyone else thinks. You're a wonderful mother. ((HUGS))

    P.S. Please let your daughter know that my girl hasn't forgotten her pen pal. I have a letter to mail but have been too busy to get to the post office. Things have been crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!

    I do understand your anxiety, but let´s try to remember that children are a blessing no matter when they come. And your third child may sleep more at night which will make a huge difference. I know that it made a world of difference that my youngest (of three) slept through the night much sooner than I had expected.

    All my best wishes for you and your family, and I think when your parents have had time to get used to your news, they will look forward to another grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a new baby! I'm sure the baby will be a great joy when he/she arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats.... wow!

    I don't have children myself but cared for my niece when she was born till age 2 for my sister. But goodness three... will you be able to maintain your blog? or sleep. Hugs Lily!

    Btw- It looks great... I love the new design on your blog.. soft greys and beiges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. I have one son who is adopted. Children are a blessing. I understand that better than anyone. Me and my husband have been trying for years to have children but I still haven't been able to become pregnant. Its frustrating and very upsetting for me that I can't get pregnant. We were lucky enough to adopt my son. He has been a real blessing to us. I wouldn't change anything in the world. He is our son in every way that matters. I still hold out the hope that I will have a child of my own. You getting pregnant is a celebration not bad news. You are a great mother and will do well. I wish you the best of luck. Tore923@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a mother of four and grandmother of two, and I have to say it was not easy. My kids are all grown and have left the nest and three of them live far away as do the grandchildren. When the kids were little I also would have my sisters three so needless to say that the house was very noisy. Never think that being pregnant is not a joy. You will be able to cope, even though you think you may not. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lily, congratulations! I know you didn't plan for another baby and are stressed about it, but it really is wonderful news. I know everything will work out when the new baby comes along because you love your children and your family, which comes across clearly in your posts.

    I don't have children but I used to babysit for my cousins & 3 of them were under 8 years old at the same time... with another one arriving 2 years later! It was nutty and crazy at times, but fun and with lots of love all around too. My aunt realized that all that mattered is the health & well-being of the kids. If the laundry didn't get done on time, if the breakfast dishes were still in the sink at dinner time...oh well. Children are only small babies for a short time, by age 4, sometimes younger, they may already be going to school...a point at which some things will get easier, some harder...

    Try to be happy about this as it is a good thing regardless of other people's opinions. Try not to think too far a head but take each day as it comes...some days just get through the next hour, you will be okay, you'll be just fine. :o)

    ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete