Monday, January 5, 2009

Chunkster Challenge 2009


Think Pink Dana from Feeling Chunky returned this year with Chunkster Challenge. I just could not resist. It's a wonderful challenge, I love long novels, especially when they're really good and I don't want to part with the characters too soon. I signed up for option three. There total of four options. Visit here to learn the rules and sign up.
1. Maia by Richard Adams (1062 pages)
2. Shardik by Richard Adams (529 pages)
3. Possession by A. S. Byatt (511 pages)
4. Devices & Desires by K. J. Parker (635 pages)
5. Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis (767 pages)
6. The Host by Stephenie Meyers (631 pages)
7. East Of Eden by John Steinbeck (601 pages)
8. Illium by Dan Simmons (725 pages)
9. Olympos by Dan Simmons (891 pages)
10. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski (562 pages)
11. Underworld by Don DeLillo (827 pages)
12. Four Fires by Bryce Courtenay (986 pages)
13. Sade/A Biography by Maurice Lever (568 pages)
14. Schulz & Peanuts by David Michaelis (566 pages)
15. Einstein by Walter Isaacson (551 pages)
16. The Book of Air and Shadows by Michael Gruber (466 pages) - DONE
17. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak(553 pages) - DONE
18. Gauntlet by Richard Aaron (488 pages) - DONE
19. The Hellfire Club by Peter Straub (463 PAGES) - DONE
20. Wizard by Trade by Jim Butcher (598 Pages) - DONE
21. The Traitor's Wife by Susan Higginbotham (490 pages) - DONE
22. The Borgia Bride by Jeanne Kalogridis (509 pages) - DONE
23. The Woman In White by Wilkie Collins (626 pages) - DONE
24. The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory (514 pages) - DONE
25. Labyrinth by Kate Mosse (487 pages) - Done
26. Annette Vallon by James Tipton (480 pages) - done
27. God is an Englishman by R.F. Delderfield ( 634) - done
28. The Big Rock Candy Mountain by Wallace Stegner (563 pages) - done
29. To Serve Them All My Days by R. F. Delderfield (594 pages) - done

6 comments:

  1. I joined too! I really love to sink my teeth into a novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you choose!

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait either, I have so many and now I going back and forth, like it's a life and death decision, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should check my reading list. I might be able to join in. I like loooong books. But I really can't add too much new this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you changed your blog colors. I came over here about the Chunky challenge and saw the change. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks J. I figured i needed some change. Glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete