Sunday, November 22, 2009

2009 Virtual Advent Tour


Kailana from The Written Word and Marg from Reading Adventures put together another round of Virtual Advent Tour. The gist of it is:

Each day anyone who wants to participate takes turns sharing a treat with our friends here in blogland. For example it could be something about your family traditions, recipes, your country's holiday traditions, or a favourite Christmas memory, movie, book, song...anything you like. Even if you don't celebrate Christmas we would like to hear about what your family does during the holiday season, whether it be celebrating Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or whatever it is that you do during this time.


I found out about this event from BethFishReads' post "Getting Involved In The Blogging Community" about all the holiday events going around the blogosphere. The post is a lot of help and a fantastic tool that makes it possible for bloggers to know about all kinds neat December happenings.

I didn't get a chance to participate in it last year but I am very happy and excited to make up for it this year. So happy in fact that I will be posting twice, on Dec. 6th & Dec. 24th. I think that the tour is a grand idea and will be impatiently waiting to read evrybody else's posts because the whole world, each family's traditions are full of wonders and I like to know as much about it as possible. Somehow I feel this knowledge will make me richer and I can maybe even incorporate some of it into my own.

The tour is going on from December 1st to December 24th and there are tons of bloggers participating. If you are as excited and curious about holidays in other homes, you can find a list and dates of all bloggers writing about their own traditions right here.

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. It is so important to share ourselves during the holidays and the idea of getting a peek into other people's traditions is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful & very Happy Thanksgiving, Lilly!

    ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, fun! I'm posting on the 4th. Still need to think of what I'm going to write about. I'm glad you're getting involved in the community :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note: I did not mean my previous comment to come across as though you were not *already* part of the community!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like such fun, I'll be sure to pop in :-)

    ReplyDelete