Friday, December 5, 2008

Spiritually Speaking Challenge




I like to seek and explore. My favorite area to do just that is the spiritual realm of our lives. Therefore, I have decided to turn it into a challenge. Why not! The rules of the challenge are:

1. Read 6 books from January 31st, 2009 to June 30th, 2009.
2. The main theme of all the titles you choose must be spiritual, metaphysical or self-help.
3. The books can be both fiction & non-fiction.
4. You don't have to have a blog to participate* (read up for a small amendment)
5. A new copy of 'Happiness is a Choice' by Barry Neil Kaufman will be raffled away at the
end of the challenge among the participants. You don't have to do anything special, just have
fun! And let's fate decide who gets the prize.

To give you an idea of what books are allowed in the challenge, I am posting my list:


1.'The Witch of Portobello' by Paulo Coehlo (fiction)
2. 'The Last Lecture' by Randy Pausch (non-fiction)
3. 'Color Me Butterfly' by L.Y. Marlow (non-fiction)
4. 'Autobiography of a Yogi' by Paramahansa Yogananda (non-fiction)
5. 'Blessed Are The Meek' by Zofia Kossak (fiction)
6. 'Such A Pretty Fat' by Jen Lancaster
7. Elijah's Coin by Steve O'Brien





25 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great challenge! I may participate, I need to see what my TBR looks like around January!!

    Thanks for checking out my blog, I tagged you in a Survey post today. :o)

    I can't wait to hear what you have to say about 'The Last Lecture!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Smash. I hope you decide to take the challenge on.
    Thank you for tagging me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting challenge! Will you have a post for us to link our reviews to? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeska,
    I am working on figuring it out. Actuallt if any of you know how to do it I would welcome your advice.
    Thanks.
    Thank you for joining as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking Jeska that maybe once you post your reviews on your blog you can just send me a comment with your URL for the challenge list as well as your reviews and I can add them to links under my original challenge specifying what the link is for.
    Let me know if that would work?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge! I'm in. I think I have them all on the shelf, it's just a matter of listing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for joining J. Kaye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Challenge Me !!!!! This sounds like a good idea, count me in. No blog but I will post back hee and on the A Novel Challenge Site. Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Lindy. I am very happy you joined.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a good one for me these days. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well can't pass this one up can I? Thanks Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining Jenny. I'm glad to have you on board.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds great! My list isn't finished yet, but I posted a link to the blog site with my partial list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a few Christianity authors that I need to catch up on. This will be a great opportunity to do so. I will be posting the reviews on both my book blog and my "Christianity" blog.

    Judy/Intergalactic Bookworm

    http://intergalacticbookworm.blogspot.com

    http://myrainbowdove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm looking forward to participating.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a wonderful challenge. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Count me in! I was going to do a similar challenge myself because I love these types of books as well. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I goofed>> I thought this started January 1 not the 31st, so I have to remove my 1st book finished: The Four Agreements. Not a problem though I liked the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wasn't sure where to let you know that I've read my first book for this challenge. I haven't taken part in too many challenges, so this is all new to me.

    This is my link:http://bookclubofone-me.blogspot.com/2009/02/spiritually-speaking-challeng.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd like to join

    http://engelsigh.blogspot.com/2009/02/spiritual-reading-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. K finished this challenge. Here is the link to my reading blog. Thanks. I really enjoyed this one.

    http://jennysimpsonjenny.blogspot.com/search/label/Spiritually%20speaking
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  22. I finished the challenge! Thanks for hosting this!

    http://imlostinbooks.blogspot.com/2009/06/challenge-completed-spiritually.html

    ReplyDelete