Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The best author's comment ever!


A few weeks back I reviewed Vivaldi's Virgins by Barbara Quick on thegirlsonbooks blog. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, so much so that it convinced me to go back to listening to classical music, especially Vivaldi. A couple of days after I had posted my review, I received a comment from Ms. Quick. I am quoting it here because it's a first time that as a reader and reviewer I've received such kind words from an author and while I realize that I may be boasting, I am just too happy, flattered and honored not to mention it. Here it goes:


"I can’t tell you how wonderful it was to read your review of my novel this morning! It’s the most delicious pleasure for an author to connect with readers who have received her words with the precise same spirit in which they were composed. You seem to have connected with the soul of this writer, reading between the lines. Thank you for your sensitivity–and the beautifully written, thoughtful and insightful review. Let me know if you’d like to do an author interview with me sometime. (I would enjoy continuing the dialogue… I have a new novel coming out next April (A GOLDEN WEB, set in 14th century Bologna)–and I’m at work on two book proposals now, both set in the world of 18th century music. A personal aside: Since writing VIVALDI’S VIRGINS, I’ve become engaged to a violist at the San Francisco Symphony–and I’ve started (bravely, for someone my age!) studying the viola.


Warmest wishes to you and your readers!


Barbara"


I think it's absolutely wonderful. And of course I have since been in communication with Ms. Quick which means that there will be an interview coming up shortly about which I am already very excited, not to mention her new novel A Golden Web which I will definitely be reading.

If you haven't read Vivaldi's Virgins, check out my review of it or just go directly to the author's website that has the coolest book trailer.

Be on the lookout for the interview with Barbara Quick, it's coming up shortly.

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely comment! :D
    Just that makes me wanna go out and find her book at once

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of her! I'm looking forward to the interview and now I'm off to read your review.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys or rather 'thank you' to Barbara. She is a genuinely nice person and her book is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so lovely! I have never had an author comment on my blog and I know how happy I would feel if they said something like that. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it did make me very happy.I am still under the influence of elatedness :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a very lovely comment! =) I LOVE classical music, I'll have to check this book out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice of her of to leave you such a beautiful comment!
    And don't worry, you're not boasting, I'd probably do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing; she seems so sweet and appreciative. Hope to read this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful experience for you! Actually, the authors I have met during my few months of blogging have also been kind and forthcoming, but I can see this comment is extraordinary. So why shouldn´t you share it with people who like you and your blog? :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great comment! I've been practicing some Vivaldi for my brother's wedding -- now want to go grab this book to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing, that's a beautiful comment, no wonder you're on cloud 9!!
    I'm off to check out your review and I look forward to your interview

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! If her comment is that beautifully written, her book must be phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's awesome. It's always great to get positive feedback from the authors.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete