Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge


I have finally given in and am now officially joining this awesome challenge hosted by Beth Fish Reads.


The Rules:

1. Between July 1, 2009, and June 30, 2010, catch up on Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire series. No matter if you're starting with book 1 or book 8, you have a year to read all about Sookie. Read Sookie in print, listen to the audio, read an eBook -- format is not an issue.

2. Sign up using Mr. Linky(at Beth Fish Reads' blog). Put your name in the top box. For the bottom box, please use the URL that links specifically to your blog post about this challenge, not to your blog's home page.

3. After July 4, Beth Fish Reads will have a post with another Mr. Linky where you can link your reviews so everyone can read them & track our progress.

4. If you don't have a blog and want to join in, sign up in the comments here. Later, let us know about your progress by leaving comments on the review link page.


I will probably not start this challenge until the end of this year if I want to complete other challenges I signed up for. Thank goodness, there are only eight books to read so it shouldn't take long. I only hope I will like the series. I haven't read any of the Sookie books and a lot of times when scores of people love a book or an author, I end up wondering how that's possible because I don't like it at all. We shall see with this one I guess (I won't know until I try).

6 comments:

  1. YAY!!! So happy you'll be joining us. And starting later in the year is just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are joining in this one. I seriously couldn't pass it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to make my mind up, should I, should I... I'm up to book 6. Like you I will probably give in and join LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting us know about this challenge I love Sookie.. I've read 8 books till now so I'll join and read the 9th book when the challenge starts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read the first 2 books! I have the 3rd, I just haven't read it yet. They are alot of fun. Kinda silly, but enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sookie Stackhouse is my new guilty pleasure. I did not expect to become as addicted to them as I am. I can not go into Target (my other guilty pleasure) without picking up the next one in the series. Today, in fact, I bought Dead to the World...oh my goodness, am I on #4 already??

    Count me in on the challenge, sounds like fun!

    Alison

    http://www.alisons-bookmarks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete