Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Spiritually Speaking Challenge - final post, summary & a place to link your posts.

I have finally finished my own challenge and am posting the summary as well as a place for all of you who have finished or will finish Spiritually Speaking Challenge by June 31st. This post will be on the sidebar until July 14th so everyone has enough time to link up their summaries. On July 15th I will draw one winner among the ones who completed the challenge. The prize is a paperback copy of Happiness is a Choice by Barry Neil Kaufman. Considering that the whole purpose of the challenge was to learn something new about spirituality and our own happiness, this prize choice is only fitting.

Now, let’s move on to my own summary. My list has changed significantly from the original one but I think that overall I was lucky to read some good books. I think the one I liked the best was Finding Grace by Donna Van Liere, to the point where I see myself re-reading it pretty soon. The worst of the bunch was Blessed are the Meek by Zofia Kossak, mainly because it turned out to be a disappointment and not a book I thought it would be. I wanted it to be more about St. Francis of Assisi but instead it was about all kinds of historical figures and a lot of spirituality there. Shame Lifter by Marilyn Hontz is the only book I did not review. This book was simply too close to my life and reviewing it, I would have to reveal or write about more personal issues than I would like to at the time. But it was a good book nonetheless so whoever is thinking about reading it, I say ‘Go for it’.


Here is my final, completed list for Spiritually Speaking Challenge:


1. Blessed Are The Meek by Zofia Kossak
2. Elijah's Coin by Steve O'Brien
3. Shame Lifter by Marilyn Hontz
4. Finding Grace by Donna VanLiere
5. Pursuit of Perfect by Tal Ben-Sahar
6. Nine Ways God Always Speaks by Mark Herringshaw & Jennifer Schuchmann


I hope that all who participated in it had fun doing it and found out some interesting and helpful things.
Because the regular Mr. Linky does not work for me, I would have to pay for an upgraded membership and I can't aford to do it just now, I included the most basic version. You can still useit, you just have to click on it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are doing great with this challenge (me --so so).

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2009/01/spiritually-speaking-challenge-2009.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing so good :D
    I really need to check on my challenges

    ReplyDelete