Monday, June 1, 2009

It's Monday and it's time for...Borrowed Words


I love to sleep. I have yet to suffer from a sleepless night, despite many stressful and perfect occasions over which I could lose sleep (many people say I'm lucky, which I suppose is true). My obsession with sleep comes from my neurotic personality which commands me to become unbearably tired at the signs of anxieties, stress or worry. Sleep is my escape. Therefore, today I am quoting words dedicated to this wonderful (in my opinion) and sometimes quite saving state of being. I give you words borrowed from D.H. Lawrence:


"And if tonight my soul may find her peace in sleep,

and sink in good oblivion,

and in the morning wake like a new-opened flower

then I have been dipped again in God, and new-created."

No comments:

Post a Comment