Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BBAW: Reading Habits


Today’s it’s all about the creativity. We have this fabulous reading meme for you below and all you have to do? Pick ONE or answer them all in as few words as possible! Be creative, have fun, stand out! That’s all!

I chose to answer all with fewer words. I am just not a creative creature but I'll do my best.

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?

Surprisingly, I do not.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?

I don't write in books, only because marking reminds me of college times.
How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?

Always a bookmark or at least some old store receipt.

Laying the book flat open?

Yes, I do that sometimes if I know I'm coming back in a sec.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?

It would have to be fiction.

Hard copy or audiobooks?

Both. Audio books are from library and hard copies I own.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?

If I have troubles reading a book, then I read to the end of chapters. Otherwise, I tend to keep reading until it's done.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?

Not usually.

What are you currently reading?

The Big Rock Candy Mountain by Wallace Stegner

What is the last book you bought?

Theirs Was the Kingdom by R. F. Delderfield

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?

One book at a time. I tried it the other way and it doesn't work.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?

Any place, any time.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?

Series books or at least authors who wrote more than one book.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?

Author: Stephen King
Book: Shantaram by Gregory Roberts

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)

I don't organize books. I would love to though but I just procrastinate too much.

13 comments:

  1. I love to organize them, but then again i love to organize everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also donot organizie.. i am so loving reading all the answers.. here is mine:
    http://sumanam.wordpress.com/2009/09/17/you-and-your-reading-habits-bbawreading-meme/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surprised to think about it and find that I don't really snack and read. I think I just get too into the book to bother trying to do something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only time I've written in books was in college, too; even that took some getting used to.

    I experimented a few months ago and wrote in a book I was reviewing ... hard to do, I hesitated, and didn't mark nearly as much as I would have if taking separate notes (maybe that self-editing was a good thing)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm too much of a scaredy-cat to read King!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey this professor wants to know what's so bad about remembering college! :) Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read one Stephen King novel - Duma Key and thoroughly enjoyed it. Will have to try some of his other books. I just looked up Shantaram on Amazon. Beauty. Adding it to my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd get too stressed out organizing my books. Good job on this meme Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any place, any time...I'm so with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a dear (you know why), and I thank you. I only wrote what was true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed reading your answers. I used to read only one book at a time, then I had some attention span problems this summer, and I have about 5 or 6 going right now. I don't like it, so I think I'm going to go back to my old way. LOL

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete