Monday, September 14, 2009

It's Monday...and it's time for Borrowed Words.


The school started, my beautiful girl is growing up, soon she will tell me she's not a kid but a teenager, and to watch her change from a little child to a growing up girl puts me in a sentimental mood. This very mood made me read what famous people had to say about youth. I give you words borrowed from Franklin Rossevelt, Friedrich Nietzsche, Logan Pearsall Smith, George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde:

We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
Friedrich Nietzsche, The Dawn, Sec. 297

Don't laugh at a youth for his affectations; he is only trying on one face after another to find his own.
Logan Pearsall Smith

Youth, which is forgiven everything, forgives itself nothing: age, which forgives itself everything, is forgiven nothing.
George Bernard Shaw

I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde

2 comments: