Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall Into Reading 2009


I promised, I swore and I gave in in the end. I cannot pass this challenge up. It fits perfectly into my reading schedule and will hopefully motivate me to read more.

What's the challenge, you ask? Fall Into Reading 2009 hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days is a challenge that's first and foremost supposed to be fun. Which I am intending on having. It goes on from September 22 - December 20, 2009. I am presenting you the list of the books that I want to read this fall as part of Fall Into Reading 2009.

Here is an outline of what the challenge is all about stolen from Katrina's post:

  • Make a list of books you want to read (or finish reading) this fall. Your list can be as long or as short as you’d like. (Also, feel free to modify your list during the challenge if it’s not working for you.)
  • Write a blog post containing your list and submit it to this post using the Mr. Linky below.
  • Get reading! The challenge goes from today, September 22nd, through December 20th.
  • Check out other participants’ lists and add to your own to-read-someday pile!
  • Write a post about your challenge experience in December, telling us all about whether you reached your goals and how Fall Into Reading went for you. But remember: this is a low-pressure challenge that should be fun. As long as you do some reading this fall (and enjoy it!), that’s good enough for me.
Okay, let's move on to the list (and I am not making it very long, trying to set up realistic expectations here for myself:

1. Trail of Crumbs by Kim Sunee - done

2. Silverstein & Me by Merv Gold - done

3. The Book Shopper. A Life in Review by Murray Browne - done

4. Nightwalker by Heather Graham - done

5. Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin - done

6. The Tudor Rose by Margaret Campbell Barnes - done

7. Across the Endless River by Thad Carhart - done

8. Traveling With Pomegranates by Sue Monk Kidd & Ann Kidd Taylor - done

9. No Wind of Blame by Georgette Heyer - done

10. Vital Signs by Robin Cook - done

11. 20 Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler - done

12.The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale - done

13. The Mosaic Crimes by Giulio Leoni - done

14. An Unsuitable Job for a Woman by P.D. James - done

15. The Fourth Hand by John Irving - done

16. A Flickering Light by Jane Kirkpatrick - done

17. Soulstice by Simon Holt - done

18. The Trickster by Muriel Gray - done

19. The Elephant Keeper by Christopher Nicholson - done

20. A Circle of Souls by Preetham Grandhi - done

Okay, maybe it's not so very realistic :). But I will do my best to try.

12 comments:

  1. That looks like a great list you have there...good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read about the conditions, I thought this was a nice, manageable challenge - and then I saw your list! It would take me quite a while to get through twenty books.
    And are you sure there are enough mysteries on it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo-Jo - Something tells me I will need all the luck I can get with this one.

    Dorte - Lol! There isn't enough mysteries on this list. Out of twenty only four qualify as such. It's my own fault since I agreed to read/review more books than I apparently can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Lilly--that's quite the list you have there... The Tudor Rose is on my list, too. Dragon House is one I wanted to get a hold of, but somehow didn't. And you have a few I've read already. I don't think any of them will disappoint. =) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the Challenge! making the list is almost as tough as sticking to it, isn't it!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck with the challenge...i have faith in your success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drey_ I liked The King's Fool by Barnes and I think that the Tudor Rose will be just as good. At least I hope so. We'll find out when we read it I guess.

    Dawn - yes! it is almost just as hard, I kept taking the titles off the list and adding new ones for the longest time before I actually decided on a final product.

    H0DGEPODGESPV - thank you, that's very sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with this challenge. I joined too. Your books all look pretty good to me. Enjoy--most important!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great list you have! If I find time after I'm finished with my list, I'd like to read The Tudor Rose and 20 Boy Summer, too, and I love Irving so maybe he finds some space on my pile too!

    Enjoy your reading!

    Ivana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! Sacred Hearts is a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I joined as well! Enjoy your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your list -- and so many books on here that I've never heard of! This challenge can be dangerous in finding even more books to add to our lists!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete