Monday, December 28, 2009

2010 Challenges - All-In-One Version

Because I will be joining quite a few challenges for 2010, I figured that putting most of them (the ones I haven't officially signed up for yet) in one post will save a lot of boring reading time for my blog visitors :). It is also a nice way for me to keep them in one place when I want to update the title list. Here they come:

I. Anne from Royal Reviews is quite a challenge queen this year and the following challenges are all hosted by Royal Reviews.


Challenge Guidelines:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.

2. There are four levels:

-- Curious – Read 3 Fantasy Fiction novels.

-- Fascinated – Read 6 Fantasy Fiction novels.

-- Addicted – Read 12 Fantasy Fiction novels.

-- Obsessed – Read 20 Fantasy Fiction novels.

3. Any book format counts.

4. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.

5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010. Only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge.

I am going to be cautious and sign up for the Curious level. Fantasy is a genre I enjoy but I also want to try and read more of other genres in 2010.

1.
2.
3.



I enjoyed this challenge this year (it was hosted by J. Kaye) and I am definitely signing up for it in 2010. I listen to audio books while driving and I might as well make a challenge out of it.

Challenge Guidelines:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
--Non-Bloggers: Include your information in the comment section.

2. There are four levels:

-- Curious – Listen to 3 Audio Books.

--Fascinated – Listen to 6 Audio Books.

--Addicted – Listen to 12 Audio Books.

-- Obsessed– Listen to 20 Audio Books.

3. Audio books only.

4. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.

5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010. Only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge.

This time I am going with Addicted :O

1. Trace by Patricia Cornwell
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.



One of my goals for 2010 is to read more series and this is a perfect challenge for me.

Challenge Guidelines:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
--Non-Bloggers: Include your information in the comment section.

2. There are four levels:

-- Curious – Read 3 novels that are first in a series.

-- Fascinated – Read 6 novels that are first in a series.

-- Addicted – Read 12 novels that are first in a series.

-- Obsessed – Read 20 novels that are first in a series.

3. Any genre counts.

4. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.

5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010. Only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge.

I am picking the Fascinated level because I am certain of six series I want to start but not sure of twelve.

1. The Devil You Know by Mike Carey ( Felix Castor series)
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.



Since I am doing 1st in a series, I might as well do 2nd in a series :). The guidelines are pretty much the same with the exception that instead of the first book in a series, you have to read the second book in a series. I am also going to shoot for the Fascinated level.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

II. Robin from My Two Blessings is hosting the Mind Voyages challenge and created a separate blog just for this challenge which I think is a great idea. It is a fantasy/sci-fi reading challenge and there are many different voyages to pick from. I decided to go for a Moon Voyage and see what Hugo winners have to offer.

The Rules are simple:


  1. The challenge will run from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010.
  2. Participants may join at any time.
  3. All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.
  4. Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2010.
  5. Books may overlap other challenges.
  6. Create an entry post linking to this blog.
  7. You don't have to decide before hand what you will be reading.
  8. Come back and sign up with Mr. Linky in the "I'm participating post" below this post.
  9. You don't have a blog to participate.



III. Last but not least, I am of course joining J. Kaye's 2010 100+ Reading Challenge. I did it this year and I had a lot of fun. Mostly, this challenge motivated me to read over a hundred books which I had never done before in my life. I hope to keep up with this new habit of reading so many books and that's why I am signing up.


The rules are quite simple. here's a shortened version:

1. The goal is to read 100 or more books. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.

--Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post. To learn how to sign up without having a blog, click here.

2. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Manga, Graphic Novels, Library books, Novellas, Young Reader, Nonfiction – as long as the book has an ISBN or equivalent or can be purchased as such, the book counts.

All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.

Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2010.

Books may overlap other challenges.

You don't have to decide before hand what you will be reading.

I will be creating a Google Doc for all my books read in 2010, instead of a post listing all the titles. This way if you really want to know what I will have read by the end of 2010, you can just click on the link :)

I know that there are more challenges in the blogosphere and I will most likely be joining a few of them. For now however, these are enough.

7 comments:

  1. Lilly for are the Challenge Queen -- have fun with these challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, so glad you decided to join mind voyages. Look forward to hearing about the books you read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the 100+ Reading Challenge. I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to 2010. I think it’s going to be an exciting year of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your challenges. I joined a whole wack of them as well. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're going to have so much fun this year with your reading! Good luck with the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck and have fun with all of these!

    I'm also doing the 100+ and Audio Book challenges :)

    ReplyDelete