Thursday, December 31, 2009

BTT: 2009 In Review


I haven't participated in Booking Through Thursday for the longest time. But today is the last day of the year and I want to end the year right :) by participating in the last edition of a meme that I actually enjoy very much.

It’s the last day of the year, and you know what that means … nostalgia and looking back.

What were your favorite books of the year? (Books that were new to you in 2009, if not necessarily published this year.)



I have read many good books this year but they were mostly older ones or titles reissued by publishers. The order in which I present them to you is alphabetical by author, not a ranking, because I couldn't quite decide which of these books were the absolute best.


1. Frenchman's Creek by Daphne du Maurier

2. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

3. To Serve Them All My Days by R.F. Delderfield

4. Behold, Here's Poison by Georgette Heyer

5. The Traitor's Wife by Susan Higginbotham

6. Follow Me by Joanna Scott

7. Lucky by Alice Sebold

8. The Big Rock Candy Mountain by Wallace Stegner


Also, since we're on a subject of picking the best of the best I need to mention two more things:

My three favorite authors this year are Daphne du Maurier, Georgette Heyer and R. F. Delderfield. Also, my favorite publisher is Sourcebooks, Inc. It is thanks to their idea of reissuing the books of these fantastic writers that I got a chance to read them.