Monday, December 14, 2009

Time to be honest.


I have been honored with this award by two wonderful girls whose blogs are quite different but equally interesting and really worth reading: Teddyree from The Eclectic Reader & Sharazad from The Dangerous Pages Review.

The award is for those bloggers who write from the heart. The rules are to pass it along to seven bloggers and then list 10 honest things about myself.

Here's who I'm giving it to:

1. Blodeuedd from Book girl of Mur-y-Castell

2. April from Cafe of Dreams




6. Aarti from B O O K L U S T

7. Dorte from DJs krimiblog


The hardest part is coming. It's time to fess up:


1. Despite loving my current country (United States), I do still miss Poland and get homesick.

2. I am a loner and prefer my own company to the company of other people.

3. About two years ago, I got rid of all my credit cards (I had too many & it got me in trouble) and have been using cash only since.

4. I don't like watching movies, 99% of the time I wait for DVD editions and then borrow them from library if for some ungodly reason I want to watch any. I don't spend money on movies.

5. I absolutely hate exercising, especially jogging.

6. I don't like cooking and avoid it as much as possible even though it has been suggested to me as a therapeutic activity. Cooking does not interest me in any way.

7. I also don't like shopping for clothes. I know exactly what size I am and what I want, so when I go to the store I head straight for what's needed, take it to the register and I'm gone.

8. The point above is partially due to my fear of crowds. I get panicky and anxious with too many people around me.

9. I love summer and hot weather. The hotter, the better. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind if there were no seasons at all (no snow ever is fine by me).

10. I suck at math and am in fact so horrible at it that my ten-year-old daughter can't get any help from me as far as math homework goes (yes, 5th grade math is too much for me).

11 comments:

  1. Aww thanks :D
    Oh I suck at math too! How I survived High School is a wonder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Math was always my worst subject...I passed with "D's". I also do not like crowds. On days when I go out shopping and I am around a lot of people, I come home and nap for hours...it exhausts me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award Lilly and thanks for passing it on to me. I will post mine as soon as I get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award, Lilly! I don't really do awards on my blog (I always get stressed out about who to pass along to and whether I'm offending people), but it always makes me so honored when people choose me to receive them. And the Honesty one is such a GREAT one to get.

    I also don't like math. Not sure how I became an accountant...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award, and thank you so much for passing it on to me (I may choose not to pass it on to specific bloggers, but I will post it and try to find ten honest things).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, thanks so much Lilly and congrats to your for getting the award. Your blog is one of my faves. You and I sure have a lot in common I find when I'm reading your 10 things. I'll have to post mine soon. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you and your awardees!

    After reading your honest things, it seems we have a lot in common...except I hate hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In my opinion, 5th grade math is WAY more complicated than it needs to be. *LOL* I loved learning more about you. I am kind of a loner, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO with you on jogging. It's an evil, evil thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved learning more about you Lilly, I'm with you, exercise is totally over-rated LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lilly, Congratulations on this award! Thank you so much for honoring me with it as well! You havbe a wonderful blog and I feel fortunate to be able to read and enjoy it.
    I'm not very good at passing on awards or posting about them but I have an awards post in the works so I'm trying to be better about it! I will be sure to post some honest items about myself too!

    I'm sorry you miss Poland but I understand it. I'm glad you are living here though :o)
    My husband and I did the same thing with our credit cards a few years ago. We keep one stored away for real emergencies but so far we haven't used it. It's not always easy using just cash, but it's great not to have many bills!
    I don't agree with you about the hotter the better! You'd probably love Florida! Is it hot in Poland?
    Math makes me sad! And I like clothes but I hate shopping for them and it's not just the crowds although I hate them too!

    We have a lot in common Lilly!

    ReplyDelete