Thursday, April 29, 2010

10 Little Things That Lead to a Happier Healthier Me.

Twitter Moms is this awesome network of moms who come together and discuss all kinds of things. I joined it very recently and every time I get the newsletter from Megan, I find something cool :)
This time I found 10 Little Things That Lead to a Happier Healthier You and decided to list my own 10 things. And, surprisingly enough, it wasn't all that easy but all the more rewarding because of it.'

1. The smiles on my children's faces. I look at them being happy and know that all is well with the world.


2. Prayer. When I know that there is Someone out there, that is stronger and infinitely better than myself, that I can always count on this Higher Power, this makes me feel safer and ultimately happier.


 3.  Spring with the lushness of green and warmth of sun rays. I love sun and I love green, both are healthy for me. They dispel the moodiness, green calms me down and sun gives me Vitamin D :).


4. Mani-pedi. I don't get them often, but when I do, I feel a thousand times better. It's a small thing but brings me so much joy especially when I can take my daughter with me.


5. Reading. This one is pretty obvious. Sometimes I read hard, heavy stuff to exercise my brain and sometimes I reach for easy, fun books to let my brain rest and relax. Both are miraculously beneficial to me (make me happy and healthy).


6. Sunset at the beach. Nothing is better for calming my nerves and even meditating a little than sitting on the still warm sand and just taking the setting sun in.


7. Fresh fruits. Apples (tart and crisp) all year round, but especially in September fresh from the trees, strawberries in June and big, juicy cherries in the summertime and sweet oranges in the wintertime.


8. Sleep. Nothing can be accomplished without a good snooze. If I don't get enough sleep at night, I have to squeeze at least a little nap in the daytime to function at my best.


9. A good run on the treadmill. I don't do it nearly as often as I should, but when I do do it, I feel like a million bucks.

10. Silence. Amid the chaos of everyday life, I need silence around me for at least a little bit. This way, I can quiet my racing thoughts and just be with myself.

*******
Disclosure: 
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Tropicana Trop50 blogging program to be eligible to win 6 free Juicy Rewards points and a $30 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”






Trop50 Little Things for Happy, Healthy Living
1000 Little Things for Moms from Trop50

3 comments:

  1. Those are some 10 lovely reasons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures, especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lists like this.
    And I could use a mani-pedi--sandal season!

    ReplyDelete