Saturday, April 10, 2010

Let the fun begin.


It is now 8am and I am ready to read (well, I'm always ready for that). I hope to last a little longer this year than last time. Having an infant is kind of a blessing this way because I no longer sleep so much at night and consequently I hope to read at night as I nurse him (it's amazing on how little sleep one can go on when necessary). But for now let's concentrate on what my nearest plans are:

1. I am going to finish reading The Swimming Pool by Holly LeCraw (a really good book so far)

The Swimming Pool
2. Next, I'll move on to Mercury In Retrograde by Paula Froelich (I am hoping for a nice, light read that won't take up too much time).

Mercury in Retrograde: A Novel

That's that for now. I read tips that Irish from Ticket to Anywhere had for read-a-thoners and decided that posting updates every few hours instead of every hour is a very good idea. Therefore, my next update will be around noon, right before I have to go to my hair dresser.

Happy reading everyone! Hopefully I'll be able to visit some of you.

5 comments:

  1. Traditional read-a-thon blessing:

    May the bookshelf be there to greet you.
    May all the books appeal.
    May the fridge be full of tasty snacks;
    the words fall soft upon your eyes and until the read-a-thon ends,
    may you always hold a book in the palm of your hand.

    Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first Read-a-thon. Good luck! Here's are my Read-a-Thonbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the reading is going well! I'm just taking a break and stopping by a few blogs :D
    Trillian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my eye on this book, it looks like it will be a great read.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete