Thursday, August 27, 2009

Book Blogger Appreciation Week Meme


I am very excited to take part in this year's BBAW event. Last year this time I didn't even know there was such a thing as book blogging community and now to be a part of this living, breathing organism is quite wonderful to me. Being an introvert and a person who prefers to be alone, it is rather a strange and new feeling to know that I can actually get to virtually meet so many fabulous people from all over the world without ever leaving my desk.
I think that a huge thank you and a bear hug sent towards all the wonderful girls, who are making BBAW happen for a second year, are in order.

Also the same goes to a kind soul that has nominated me for Best Review Blog. I am flabbergasted and very very appreciative of this nomination.



And now, let's move on to the actual meme.

1) What has been one of the highlights of blogging for you?

I think the realization that there are people out there who actually want to read what I have to say. It is something completely new to me and as such it comes as a surprise every time I see there is a comment on my post. Another one, no less important, is that there are so many extremely kind bloggers who are very understanding, very supportive and have helped me tremendously through my different trials and emotional hardships. Now I only wonder how much money I would have saved on therapists, had I started blogging earlier.

2) What blogger has helped you out with your blog by answering questions, linking to you, or inspiring you?

Being that my blog is still fairly new, not even a toddler, I am still learning, still being helped and I don't think I'll ever stop being inspired by other bloggers.
There are five bloggers however, who first visited my blog and who still do so. They were linking to me, sending the word out about my blog, leaving comments when no one else knew my blog even existed and everything I learned about blogging in the first months (including layout, what to put out there, how to create a coherent post) I learned from them and by visiting their blogs and reading their posts. Here they are:

Beth Fish Reads
Great Books and Fresh Coffee
J. Kaye's Book Blog
Kittling: Books
My Friend Amy

3) What one question do you have about BBAW that someone who participated last year could answer?

How much growth have you noticed both in the blogging community and in your own blog's readership since the last BBAW?

12 comments:

  1. I, too, am an introvert who has been pleasantly surprised at the sense of community that is gleaned from a computer monitor :)

    Congratulations on the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers :)
    And you sure deserve a nominations for your wonderful reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the much deserved nomination!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on that well-deserved nomination! And thank you for the compliment. I'm so very glad I can be of help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the nomination!

    Also, I like the cover of Rebecca that you have on your sidebar. I have it on my TBR to read but I hate the romance looking cover that's on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Lilly, your reviews are thoughtful & entertaining & I always enjoy reading them. Your nomination is truly deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww. Thanks for mentioning me. I am excited about BBAW too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh congratulations, plus you've inspired me to participate so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your nomination! I had only been blogging for a few weeks when I participated in BBAW last year, so BBAW had a huge impact on my blog and its readership. I discovered many blogs and I'm sure that I became involved in the book blogging community much quicker than I would have without BBAW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Lilly on your nomination : D Three cheers for introverts LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your nomination!

    I'm not sure how much is growth and how much is an awareness that there is a community and that it is getting stronger. If that makes sense. I mean, I blogged for awhile before I stumbled onto fellow book bloggers.

    ReplyDelete