Friday, April 24, 2009

Days of Remembrance - spotlight on Ben Sherwood and 'The Survivors Club'


This whole week I have been dedicating most of my posts to Days Of Remembrance which are in truth going on not for one day (April 21) but 7 days (April 19-26). There is a lot that I will probably miss around the blogosphere in terms of reviews on books that deal with Holocaust and WWII. However, there is one book that I am grateful for not missing. This book is The Survivors Club by Ben Sherwood. I have heard a lot of good things about it and can't wait to read it and review it on my blog. Why am I writing about the book in a post about Holocaust? Because the author writes about the survivors of this horrific time in our history and in my opinion survivors are to be talked about just as much as those who perished because they are witnesses and carriers of the message so that the world does not forget.


Before I post my review of The Survivors Club I would like you to take a closer look at Mr. Sherwood's article recently featured on The Huffington Post in honor of Days of Remembrance. It gives you a taste of Mr. Sherwood's writing as well as some interesting facts about Holocaust survivors and why and how they survived while others didn't.

The title of the article is Holocaust Remembrance Day: The Remarkable Strength (and Success) of the Survivors and I hope you'll enjoy it as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment