Monday, April 13, 2009

It's Monday and it's time for...Borrowed Words


Because April is National Poetry Month, I have to include a poem in my weekly quotes. I usually am not very fond of poetry and prefer prose but somehow poems written for kids appeal to me quite often. In their simplicity they are clever and funny and the messages they convey stay with me for a long time. Today I give you words borrowed from Shel Silverstein:


All The Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas

Layin' In The Sun,

Talkin' 'Bout The Things

They Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda Done...

But All Those Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas

All Ran Away

And Hid From One Little Did.

3 comments:

  1. Love Shel Silverstein. My boys do too.

    Btw, I'm variegatedyarn following you on Twitter, if you didn't know.

    Have a great day!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love Shel Silverstein! This is great and so true. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love Shel Silverstein! he has some of the best poems.

    ReplyDelete