Monday, April 27, 2009

It's Monday and it's time for...Borrowed Words


I think that since I posted a review of the book that has to do with Jane Austen, it would be fitting to also quote her today. Jane Austen was very clever and her humor lasts generations. We all know her books and all are familiar with her most famous quotes. The words written by her posted below are probably ones said by many people, many times and that's the beauty of it all. On a side note, I happen to agree wholeheartedly with these words. Without further ado, I give you words borrowed from Jane Austen:


"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." (Northanger Abbey)

1 comment:

  1. LOL

    Sometimes I want to say that to certain of my students, but they would be so offended ;)

    Not being able to enjoy a good book is almost a handicap I think. I learned to read when I was seven (we didn´t go to school until then), and I have never been bored since.

    ReplyDelete