Thursday, July 16, 2009

BTT: TBR


Follow-up to last week’s question:

Do you keep all your unread books together, like books in a waiting room? Or are they scattered throughout your shelves, mingling like party-goers waiting for the host to come along?


Here's the thing: the circumstances force me to keep my unread books separate from my read books. I live in a very tiny cottage and, as you could see in my previous BTT post, I have tons of unread books. Easily in the hundreds. My read books amount to almost the same number but because I have no space for all of them to be together, I keep all the read books in plastic bins in the basement. It is my greatest sorrow that I can't display them and my greatest dream to one day own a house big enough to have enough space for all my books alphabetized by author on beautiful shelves all over my house. I personally think that shelves filled with books are best house decorations and make the house look inviting and a place you want to dwell in.