Thursday, July 16, 2009

BTT: TBR


Follow-up to last week’s question:

Do you keep all your unread books together, like books in a waiting room? Or are they scattered throughout your shelves, mingling like party-goers waiting for the host to come along?


Here's the thing: the circumstances force me to keep my unread books separate from my read books. I live in a very tiny cottage and, as you could see in my previous BTT post, I have tons of unread books. Easily in the hundreds. My read books amount to almost the same number but because I have no space for all of them to be together, I keep all the read books in plastic bins in the basement. It is my greatest sorrow that I can't display them and my greatest dream to one day own a house big enough to have enough space for all my books alphabetized by author on beautiful shelves all over my house. I personally think that shelves filled with books are best house decorations and make the house look inviting and a place you want to dwell in.

7 comments:

  1. "I personally think that shelves filled with books are best house decorations and make the house look inviting and a place you want to dwell in."

    I agree, I agree!!! Oddly enough, none of my siblings see it that way. Or at least my older sister only displays beautiful hardback books, and that is not what I want. I prefer to see the books I love, no matter how cheap and tattered they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! Books are the best house decorations one can have!

    TBR: mixed reactions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to keep mine separate...it has worked out pretty well so far. I will be needing a new bookshelf pretty soon...I am running out of space!

    There is an award waiting for you at my blog:
    http://missysbooknook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Book are definitely the best decoration - the only problem is that I'm running out of the shelf space and i have no room for new shelves...

    I try to keep my non-read books separate in a pile, but then again I don't have more 20 unread book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be like living in a fairy tale! Since I was little, I've always wanted to live in a cottage by myself and drink tea, eat cookies, and read books:) Though I suppose the lack of room would be a problem....
    -amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna! Shelves do make the best decorations. I would love to see your shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love for my next house to have a real library. I don't know if that will be possible, but a girl can dream.

    ReplyDelete