Monday, July 13, 2009

It's Monday and it's time for...Borrowed Words


Today I am posting a prayer whispered or said out loud by millions of people around the world everyday. I have been reminded of these words by a girl who's become a good friend of mine, the one you get help from when you need it most. The prayer is an inspiration to me and I know I don't say it often enough but I think it's time to start again. I give you the words borrowed from St. Francis of Assisi:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,


Where there is hatred, let me sow love;


where there is injury, pardon;


where there is doubt, faith;


where there is despair, hope;


where there is darkness, light;


where there is sadness, joy;




O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;

to be understood as to understand;

to be loved as to love.


For it is in giving that we receive;

it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;

and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

3 comments:

  1. This is a powerful prayer and absolutely beautiful. Thanks for posting it:) Happy Monday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this prayer. Thanks for sharing today. It's almost like I needed it, and you knew it. :)
    Have a great week.
    ~Betty

    ReplyDelete