Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Blog Sponsorship - why I actually like it.

I started blogging about books for the same reasons many other bloggers out there did: I love books, I saw there was a big blogging community devoted to reading and promoting books and authors and I figured I could try my luck at it as well. I have never thought about any financial gain connected with my blogging, I just wanted to have fun. Therefore, when I was approached via email about a possibility of blog sponsorship I was flabbergasted that Uprinting.com would consider me 'important' enough to sponsor. And so far it has been great. I am not making any huge money all of a sudden, but I partake in UPrinting.com contests for the sponsored blogs where many cute things can be won, one of those things being professional looking business cards which I would love to have but I simply can't afford them. And lastly, I love the fact that this sponsorship doesn't require of me to placate my blog with ads all over the place. UPrinting's ads are unobtrusive and fit the background nicely so they're not glaring at me every time in log in.

Why UPrinting.com isn't your average printing company:

Blog Sponsorships:
If you are looking to find a sponsor for your blog, UPrinting.com is definitely interested. We offer giveaways, advertising and more for qualified bloggers.

Non-Profit Sponsorships:
The U-Community Program sponsors hundreds of non-profits and education to improve our local communities.

Social Justice Projects:
The UPrinting Kiva account promotes small business growth in developing countries.

Green Printing:
UPrinting supports a sustainable future by recycling, using non-toxic inks, and offering eco-friendly recycled paper stocks for business cards and postcard printing.

4 comments:

  1. Fun that you are sponsored :D
    And money is always good

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful post about sponsorship. I may have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I personally won't, but know others who are interested. I'll pass it on at Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. J. Kaye tweeted about this and I had to come see the post. Interesting! Thanks for letting us know!

    I just became a follower too!

    ReplyDelete