Thursday, July 9, 2009

BTT: Unread Books Challenge

It's my first BTT and I have finally decided to join in the fun especially that this week's theme is exactly what's been weighing on mind heavily for quite some time now. I saw the original post at Medieval Bookworm but she in turn got the idea from The Toddled Dredge.

“So here today I present to you an Unread Books Challenge. Give me the list or take a picture of all the books you have stacked on your bedside table, hidden under the bed or standing in your shelf – the books you have not read, but keep meaning to. The books that begin to weigh on your mind. The books that make you cover your ears in conversation and say, ‘No! Don’t give me another book to read! I can’t finish the ones I have!’ “
I have tons of unread books on my shelves, they are all waiting patiently for my attention and not saying a word. They are so good to me and I feel like a bad stepmother (hanging my head in shame). Anyway, instead of writing up a list which would take me a long, long time, I decided to simply show you.
You can see some ARC's here that have long been published. They're from my time as Border's manager when our store would get tons of them, all employees would stock up without a real obligation to read or review them. I know I will read them but I think that sending so many books to stores is a waste of money on publishers' side and they are better off sending them to bloggers.







Yes, they are double stacked, I just don't have enough shelves or room in my tiny house.




This is my TBR on a cute little wooden shelf I got at one of the Yard Sales. Believe it or not, I do stick to the books I put on this shelf. So, these titles (at least most of them) will be reviewed on my blog soon.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Lilly: Thanks for visiting and following my blog. I hope that you are starting to feel a bit better. All of your friends here in the blogoshpere are here for you whenever you need to talk. :)

    **hugs**

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - I thought I had a lot of bookshelves double-stacked, but you've got me beat girly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, ok my tbr pile isn't so bad yet I think (forgetting all those harlequin books from 10 years back 'whistles*)
    Have fun reading, now if I only could stop going to the library and focus on what I have.

    by the way, if you ever need to talk I am here

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I have 200+ books waiting to be read, it sure makes me feel bettr to see yours!

    :D

    Here is my BTT post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have me beat hands down. Although the library holds are getting out of control again.....

    Is there a twelve step program to cure this addiction of ours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a lot of unread books. (I should talk LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of books! ...I don't feel so bad anymore;)

    BTW- my first time here- love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow, you weren't kidding when you said you had a lot of books to read!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL love it, nothing I like more than seeing bookshelves double stacked like my own!
    I really like the very cute shelf from the yard sale, checked out the books and have to say ~ some nice reads there ~ I liked Cell, freaky but cool, love Carolly Erickson & I'm waiting on 20 Boy Summer.
    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete