Monday, July 20, 2009

It's Monday and it's time for...Borrowed Words


I have been reading Kathleen Norris's Amazing Grace for quite a while now and it's not because it's difficult to get through but it's a book I choose to read for only a short time each day so I can ponder on the meaning of what I've read so far. There are plenty of quotes found in there but I chose one that especially makes sense to me. Today I give you words borrowed from Kathleen Norris:

Play is an important part of human development, but some games are meant to be outgrown. We are fortunate, as adults, if we can trace what we hold sacred back to our childhoods (...) But in order to have an adult faith, most of us have to outgrow and unlearn much of what we were taught about religion. Growing up doesn't necessarily mean rejecting the religion of our ancestors, but it does entail sorting out the good from the bad in order to reclaim what has remain viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment