Saturday, October 24, 2009

24-Hour Read-A-Thon - first update

Okay, I have been reading now for three hours (from 8 am to 11 am), not counting the 30 minute break in which I visited as many blogs as I could and commented on all of them. I apologize right away if I don't get to leave comments on all the blogs participating but I will try my best to visit as many as possible.

As far as the update goes:

I started with No Wind of Blame by Georgette Heyer. I am still reading this one but I think I will be switching to something else soon.

Pages read so far since the beginning: 116

Books read : not yet one full book :(

I am still having fun and enjoying the reading but on a side note, my husband is being a little pest and trying his best to distract me. Someone please make him behave!!!! Till next time, HAPPY READING TO EVERYONE & BIG, BEAR HUGS HUGS TO ALL THE CHEERLEADERS!!!!!


YAY CHEERLEADERS!!!

15 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! You're doing great! Hope you're having fun so far! READ! READ! READ! Go cheerleaders! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband needs a book of his own. ;-) Sounds like you are making great progress. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Austen, Hemingway
    Rushdie, Poe
    If they were here
    I’m sure they’d say hello

    Bronte, Tolstoy
    Thoreau, Albee
    They think you’re swell
    And I agree

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol-Your husband and my dog. Uggggh, they pick the worst days to be a pain. I just finished a book but now I'm off to do a few chores. You're doing good at 116 pgs. Keep it up. I'll be back later to see how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all is going well now that we are into the 5th hour of the Read-a-Thon :) Cheering from Copenhagen, Denmark...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing great :D
    And yes a change of books is always a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so sure I would be able to visit every blog on the list, but it's so hard to visit, write nice comments AND do it in no time at all to get back to your book. Moreover wit husbands and/or dogs trying to steal your attention :P HOWEVER, the things is just have fun doing it. I'm pretty sure I won't finish my six books or comment on everyone, but I'll be happy by the end of the day anyway, 'cause the read-a-thon is AMAZING :DDD

    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job reading Lily! I think you're husband should hang out with my cats! They are the biggest pests today! It doesn't help that it's raining outside.

    Have fun!
    Enjoy your reading time & Good luck!
    ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oi husband, shush! There that aught to fix his wagon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate to the husband = pest thing - LOL! Best of luck ignoring him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are doing great. I got a little thrown off schedule this am, but I’m back on track now. Keep up the good work!

    I will surely need a nap a bit later unless, I walk around the house constantly until I fall over from exhaustion...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're doing great. We'll have to march over there and whip your husband into line. No distracting a marathoner! ;-) Enjoy and keep reading and smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. no problem! You're still having fun right? That's what I keep reminding myself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bears-keep up the reading.

    ReplyDelete