Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dewey's 24-hour Read-A-Thon warm-up

It is 7:34 am here on Long Island and I am getting ready to start reading. Can I just tell you how excited I am? I am almost jumping out of my socks :-). Anyway, I was thinking how to go about the whole Read-A-Thon thing, the updates, the books, the snacks and all that jazz, and I decided to post short updates every 3-4 hours (maybe even not that often). I also for the first time in a very long time will try reading more than one book within one day. I am currently reading Dragon House by John Shors but I will put it aside for the marathon, at least for the beginning of it because it is a very serious novel and I feel I need something light first. Therefore, I am starting with No Wind of Blame by Georgette Heyer and see how it goes.

Breaks: I will be taking breaks every couple of hours to read blogs and write comments. Also, I don't snack or eat while reading, so those breaks will contain my snacking and eating time. I will also have to drop my daughter off and pick her up at the Girl Scouts Halloween party so this will take some times as well.

Okay, I'm off to have some breakfast and I wish you all luck who participate and cheerlead and an awesome Saturday to everybody.

10 comments:

  1. I can't snack while I'm reading either. I can't stand food near books! Have fun today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, and remember to enjoy it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traditional read-a-thon blessing:

    May the bookshelf be there to greet you.
    May all the books appeal.
    May the fridge be full of tasty snacks;
    the words fall soft upon your eyes and until the read-a-thon ends,
    may you always hold a book in the palm of your hand.

    Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great plan! Maybe you could disable word verification for today?

    LiyanaLand!
    http://liveandbreathesmexily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like book Christmas, right? That level of excitement. lol Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great plan. Happy reading and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck Lilly, sounds like a plan :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck on your read-a-thon! i hope I can participate next time it comes around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you've got a great plan! Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete