Wednesday, October 14, 2009

24-Hour Read-A-Thon is coming.


Yes it is and I am probably the last person in the blogosphere who only now posts about it :)
Initially, I didn't plan on writing about my preparations for this super event but then I felt guilty that I didn't so here I come.

This is my very first Read-A-Thon and it will probably be my last for at least another year because next year there will be an infant in the house and I will be trying to catch up on sleep any chance I get. That's why I decided to join now. I wanted very much to do it last time but was afraid I wouldn't last and if there is one thing I hate, it's not finishing what I started (maybe because it's happened to me one time too many?). Anyway, I do have a list of books that I might want to read and I will present it below but before I do that I just want to say that I am in no way committing myself to this list, lol! I will most likely change it in the process but it's good to have one if only as an insurance against my "I don't have anything to read" whining. I put aside six titles, and while I realize not all six of them will be read since I am a rather slow reader, at least it's a good mix from which I will be able to choose if I get bored with one book or the other. Mainly, my goal is to catch up on some of my challenges and the books below are all part of three of them: What's In a Name - 2, Mystery & Thriller Reading Challenge, 999 Reading Challenge.

























1. The Mosaic Crimes by Giulio Leoni
2. The Gift of an Ordinary Day by Katrina Kenison
3. The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale
4. The Devil You Know by Mike Carey
5. No Wind of Blame by Georgette Heyer
6. The Fourth Hand by John Irving

Have you signed up yet? Try it if you haven't. All you have to do is visit the website, commit yourself by signing up and then just be super excited. I think we all are, the readers and the cheerleaders alike. It is a great fun where we have a chance to meet other bloggers that we maybe haven't heard of and to entertain each other (maybe even steal book ideas). Oh, and you don't really have to stay up 24 hours, you can sleep and you can take breaks as long as you're honest about it. I know I will need my sleep :). I'll see you there!

12 comments:

  1. You'll have so much fun! Your book choices look promsing. I wish I could join in this year, but it's not meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're joining in! This is my first year participating too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilly...this looks like some fun reading! Enjoy. I am still gathering mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I am beyond thrilled that you have chosen my book, The Gift of an Ordinary Day for your Read-A-Thon list. And such good company to be in! Thanks, and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you. Hope you have fun. I won't have time to participate this year except for cheerleading from time to time. Mosaic Crimes looks yummy though - just put it on my wish list. Remembered to add note this time found it through you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're joining in this time Lilly. It's a lot of fun. I think I made it 20 hrs last time. Looks like you have some good books picked out. I've got to post my book list today sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely getting excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to know you're doing the readathon! I didn't realize we can post about what we are going to read until I went to the website a few minutes ago to sign up my husband. He says he wants to do it! I like your book choices very much. I won The Gift of an Ordinary Day but haven't received it yet. If I receive it I'm going to read it for the readathon. I'm very interested in the John Irving book you've listed too!

    By the way, Congratulations on the coming baby! That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I participated last year and had lots of fun, but can't join this year. We'll be attending the Salt Lake City Book Festival on the 24th instead. Have fun. Looks like some good books to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my first read-a-thon as well. Your read list looks pretty interesting to me, though I have not read majority of these.
    I liked reading 'The Fourth Hand' and 'the gift of an ordinary day'.

    All the best for the event and congratulations for the coming baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actor and housewife looks great!

    ReplyDelete