Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dewey's 24-hour Read-A-Thon - hour 9 update


Phew, is it just my life that works this way or do other people have to deal with this as well? The one day that I want to sit down and spend as much time as I can reading, there are people coming over (my sister, my niece and my nephew) and my daughter has all kinds of questions and problems to be discussed, and my husband feel the need to talk to me about his mountain biking and the race he's joining next week. I swear right now I am ready to choke them all.

Anyway, I am still on book no. 1 but I am nearing the end, thank the heavens!

Pages read since last update: 136

Total of pages read: 252

I also had to take about an hour break for my daughter's Halloween party (where she fought a little with her best friend and I was tempted to intervene but decided to let them handle it, I'll find out the outcome on Monday).

I did manage to visit quite a few blogs and am enjoyed what i find there. i try to leave as many comments as possible but I also see that cheerleaders are really keeping everyone's spirits up.

I am counting on staying up for the night with maybe only a couple of hours napping and then reading a lot more :).

I am still very happy though and enjoying No Wind Of Blame tremendously. Ms. Heyer made me laugh out loud quite a few times.

22 comments:

  1. Good luck with the reading!
    I am on call today for work and have been in and out of the house all day! I understand how frustrating it is to not be able to just sit down and read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're doing great so far! Good luck in the rest of the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's go
    Let's go, chip in, it's time to cheer,
    It's simple, yell what you hear,
    Go Reader Go,
    Go Reader Go,
    Fire up and scream,
    Read
    Read Read!

    Go Lilly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't choke your family, choke mine! JK. What would we do without them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are still having a good time with this readathon anyway. Hope you enjoy the rest of it, and any more books you get to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep going...you're doing great!!

    If your eyes are burning put up a fight
    Cocoa and cookies are yummy at close of day;
    Read, read into the dead of the night.

    Sorry Dylan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Georgette Heyer! I haven't read No Wind of Blame, but I am in no doubt that she made you laugh :-) I'll have to pick that one up off my shelf. If I ever finish my current book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had readathons where suddenly I was Ms. Popular when I only wanted to read. go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're having a wonderful time! I must confess I try to read No Wind of Blame and couldn't get pass the first page. Then again, I wasn't a fan of mysteries back then and I didn't enjoy Strong Poison either, which seems a sacrilege to me right now... [/rambling]

    ANYway, is nice to meet you! Keep it up with your reading and I hope to see you in the wee hours tonight :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. YaY for Lilly, You know what they say about best laid plans, that sort of stuff happens to me all the time LOL. But keep going you are doing great. I'll be back in the wee hours with toothpicks for your eyelids and some inspiring cheers heehee!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep it up. Hope you're having a great time! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It happens to everyone :D accomplishing any kind of big reading or finishing even just one book is greatness. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It happens to everyone :D accomplishing any kind of big reading or finishing even just one book is greatness. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is that the way. When really trying to concentrate on something, everyone needs something. Your doing a great job. Keep on truckin, babe. :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have the same problem when I'm trying to get something done. My husband always feels like he needs to talk to me. Remember though, this is all for fun! Don't stress.
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're doing great! Hang in there. :) And thanks for stopping by to cheer me on. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know exactly what that is like, believe me! I swear somedays no one wants me until I am trying to read!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you're doing great, considering the interruptions! Hope you enjoy the rest of the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're doing a great job. Life always seems to do stuff like that, and you're handling it well! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We're in the final quarter! You've done great so far-see it through to the end! You can do it!

    Sorry for the drama earlier today!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've done a great job! Keep it up and enjoy the rest of your reading. The end is near!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We're almost there! Keep reading!

    ReplyDelete