Tuesday, October 6, 2009

September Reads


Even though I yet again haven't read as much as I'd have liked to last month, I am very happy with the quality of what I did manage to read. despite there being a couple of titles I didn't really enjoy, most of the books were really worth my time. I have also managed to review all but two books which wil be talked about on my blog pretty soon as well.

1. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier - it's a classic in Gothic romance and I am extremely glad I read it. Now I can watch the movie.

2. God Is an Englishman by R. F. Delderfield - a superb historical fiction novel written by an author that until now was completely unknown to me. It made me very happy to discover Mr. Delderfield and add him to my list of favorites.

3. Amazing Grace by Kathleen Norris - one of the two titles that I haven't yet reviewed but I will soon. For now, all I'll say is that it's a good read that puts a lot of perspective on my own faith.

4. The Big Rock Candy Mountain by Wallace Stegner - one of the saddest reads this month but very enjoyable nonetheless.

5. I Do Again by Cheryl & Jeff Scruggs - book two of the ones waiting for a review. Unlike Amazing Grace, I did not enjoy it at all and had a feeling that at least for me, it came a little too late.

Audio Books:

1. Dark Desire by Christine Feehan - book two in the series about Carpathians and also the last one I will waste my time on.

2. Nefertiti by Michelle Moran - an entertaining read about ancient Egypt and definitely one that encouraged me to read more of Ms. Moran's.

8 comments:

  1. You have a impressive list of books for September. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have done quite well :D

    And as you enjoyed Rebecca so much, I wonder whether you have read Jane Eyre? I think they have quite a lot in common.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear Feehan's book didn't grab you. They are bit repetitive and overbearing. She's the one that got me in this reading game so I tend to enjoy her books =).

    I really want to read Rebecca. I haven't read anything by Daphne and I've heard she's an excellent writer!!

    Great month =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca is a good book- I enjoyed it. Definitely in the tradition of Jane Eyre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just reading God is an Englishman now and really enjoying it. Nefertiti I loved -Michelle Moran's books are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember reading a loving Rebecca but it's one I am a little fuzzy on now. I have to get back and give it another read one of these days. Enjoy the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on keeping up with your reviews! I look forward to reading your review of the Norris book. I have it, but I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great month! Glad you enjoyed Nefertiti. I just finished Cleopatra's Daughter and it's the best book I've read this year so far. Hope you get a chance to read that one.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete