Monday, October 26, 2009

It's Monday and it's time for...Borrowed Words


Today I decided to try and make you laugh a little. Not many people like Mondays and in many place today the weather might just make you want to lie down and sleep. I am also reading a very sad novel right now that already made me cry several times. For these reasons I thought that a little laughter won't hurt. Today, I give you words borrowed from Rodney Dangerfield & company:

I remember the time I was kidnapped and they sent a piece of my finger to my father. He said he wanted more proof.
- Rodney Dangerfield

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
- Rodney Dangerfield

Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner.
- Lyndon B. Johnson.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours."

"Alice laughed. 'There's no use trying,' she said. 'One can't believe impossible things.'

'I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. 'When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

5 comments:

  1. That Jeerome Jerome quote is so me today.

    Thanks for the Monday giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* forgive the typos. It's definitely a Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! Thanks for the morning laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, funny, funny quotes! My husband is an amateur comedian and sometimes he just goes off on Rodney Dangerfield's jokes and I love hilariously every time! This is the perfect antidote to Monday!

    ReplyDelete