Monday, March 23, 2009

It's Monday and it's time for...Borrowed Words


Today I decided to give you something that is very dear to me and every time I read these words I get reminded of how often random acts of kindness do go unnoticed but how often these are also the only things that matter. If there is anything that can pull me out of an emotional or spiritual slump it is the words borrowed from Mother Theresa:


"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind
anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your
best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway."

6 comments:

  1. I like this feature. I read last week's quote too. They are both very powerful. Something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the first time I read them, I've treasured these words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra: I'm glad you liked them both and of course you're more than welcomed to adopt it on your own blog any time.

    Cathy: these words are indeed something to be treasured, very simple, yet when you think about it, very true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard this quote before but after becoming a Christian it is more than beautiful words, it's a way of life. It truly is between you and God. If someone wrongs you, there is no need for revenge or anger-we will all stand before God to explain ourselves someday-it is for the fear of God and the love of God that people should strive to do the right thing.I love this quote : D

    BevE
    merry weather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Bev for your comment. You put it together so lovely and truthfully. I am glad that you like it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW....fantastic choice!! It is definitely something to think about when you're feeling discouraged. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete