Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Well-Seasoned Reader Challenge - summary


Well-Seasoned Reader Challenge hosted by Melissa from Book Nut was the first one I finished first this year for two reasons: it was the shortest (three books) and the titles I chose were the ones I wanted to read the most. Here’s the list:


1. Chocolat by Joanne Harris (food name in the title)


2. Andorra by Peter Cameron (place name in the title


3. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi (about a specific culture and/or author whose ethnicity is different from mine)


As you can see, there were specific instructions on what exactly I could read and I have to say it was a separate challenge to put together the list. That’s why I loved it so much! The idea that not only do I have to think about a specific group of books but think through every single book I included in the challenge was what appealed to me and encouraged me to join it. All three books were actually very good reads but my favorite one was Reading Lolita in Tehran. I reviewed it a few weeks back and there I listed all the reasons why I liked it so much. Let me just say that for an addict reader like me, the deep and insightful thoughts on why exactly reading literature is so very important and why it’s not about having a good time only but about life itself were what sold me on Reading Lolita in Tehran as my favorite.

4 comments:

  1. I just finished this myself and I plan to do my wrap-up post this week. It was a really fun challenge. Congrats on finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you a proximidade award over at my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    I have nearly finished my first and only challenge: J.Kay´s thriller reading challenge. It has also been fun, and not nearly as difficult to find 12 different sub-genres as I had imagined. I plan to finish it next week, and don´t really know what to do next. I may make up a new challenge for myself, however, as what I really love is reading crime fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you participated, Lilly, and that you enjoyed it! I have to agree: Reading Lolita is a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete